GEBE with Titan 3 hp 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Will the GEBE with the Titan XC50S (on Dax) be reliable with that much power, 3hp and 2lb torq?

Also, will that engine bolt right up to the GEBE.

I am new to this. I am looking to have reliability for long distances 200 miles +. I want the four stroke so I am not irritated at the sound. I would like this Titan engine to, hopefully, bolt up to a water pump so I can run a sluice.

Also, I have not bought the bicycle for it yet. I was thinking of a Wal-mart Mountain bike around $150. I would be riding on Hills in gravel, after arriving at my destination from the highway. I weight 180lbs. I would have a backpack and essentials that would be not over another 50lbs. I will not be overly hard on the bicycle but expect it to perform to the above.

I would be greatful for anybodies good advice as to what components I should put together for this. I only have heard of good things about GEBE, which is why I am looking that direction. Thanks.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: James Richardson

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I've never seen a GEBE used with a larger engine. I think they are set up for the smaller two shoe clutches on 25cc and 35cc engines. The Titan XC50S is a three shoe clutch. But ask GEBE to make sure. A Honda GX35cc is a killer engine and should have no problem pushing 200lbs.+ up hills, if you get a lighter bike. You can use it on an aluminum considering it mounts on a rear rack, that'll give you some umph. I just saw the new 32 inch bike they have at Walmart, huuuge wheels!!!

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Also Dax's smaller Titan is a great little engine too. I friction mounted it on a large scooter with a 20 inch rear wheel, hauls down the sidewalk!

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Okay, I just stopped by Wal-Mart and really really like the Genesis 29" wheel bike. But GEBE likes the 26" wheel.

So, Maybe I should be considering reliable in frame set ups.

So, can anyone tell me whether that engine will fit in frame and with what kit so the 3 clutch pad will work?

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
The Dax in frame kit might fit. Your going to need at least 11 or more inches in height. The engine itself is about 8 to 9 inches long too, the frame has to have enough room for the engine mount too. Also you might need to convert the bottom bracket for width if the pedals are tall, cause they'll hit the gear box on the left side. I have looked at the Genesis myself for a bike but was planing on using Dax's friction drive instead of an inframe. Spend a little more money and order the Genesis Astral instead of Onyx off of Walmart's website and have it delivered to the store if they don't have one in stock. It has a 7 speed hub and v-brakes. You'll definitely want something more than a coaster brake.

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
hey TYJesus, I have the setup your ?ing about. GEBE w/ titan xc50s. I actually switch between eho35 that the GEBE kit comes with. I weigh about 185 and carry 20 or so lbs with me on my rides. I used it for trans to and from work. I live in FL so not to many big hills to speak of. The eho35 subaru is well worth the money, not one problem with the motor at 7000+ miles. the titan 50 is a great little motor that pulls me up Fl hills with no problem. With a GEBE kit for the titan get the biggest gear they offer. With the eho35 get the one size down which is a 14 i think. On the eho I got about 3000 miles on a belt. with the titan xc50s I got between 1000-1500. Belts aren't cheap and u can't go to ace to get one, buy 2 or 3. With the titan xc50s i broke 2 gastank brackets, not sure why. with the 2nd I just brazed it back together. I have about 2000 on my xc50s and ready for a valve adjustment. i just recently found a crack on my xc50s and not sure how it happened, never dropped. i called Duane at ThatsDax and he gave me a suggestion how to fix and thats where I'm at with the xc50s. But for miles and miles of trouble free riding u can't go wrong with GEBE with a eho35. I'm not at all downing the xc50s, I just have had more issues with it compared to my eho35 subaru. Which both motors start right up without a problem. #1 thing is to get ethanol free gas......

TYJesus

Jul 11, 2012
Walla Walla, WA
Thanks for your response. I went ahead and put a dax 3:1 on it. I had to get the heavy duty (HD) chain for it, but now it works great. Another on here somewhere has about 1000 miles on it with the hd. It could be built better but it is sufficient, and for the price I could actually carry around a spare for long trips. Just a thought.

A link about the Dax 3:1 gearbox with pics of the bike before finished.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40754&page=2

A link with more info and finished nice pics:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41577

James Richardson

Feb 14, 2019
Will the GEBE with the Titan XC50S (on Dax) be reliable with that much power, 3hp and 2lb torq?

Also, will that engine bolt right up to the GEBE.

I am new to this. I am looking to have reliability for long distances 200 miles +. I want the four stroke so I am not irritated at the sound. I would like this Titan engine to, hopefully, bolt up to a water pump so I can run a sluice.

Also, I have not bought the bicycle for it yet. I was thinking of a Wal-mart Mountain bike around $150. I would be riding on Hills in gravel, after arriving at my destination from the highway. I weight 180lbs. I would have a backpack and essentials that would be not over another 50lbs. I will not be overly hard on the bicycle but expect it to perform to the above.

I would be greatful for anybodies good advice as to what components I should put together for this. I only have heard of good things about GEBE, which is why I am looking that direction. Thanks.

David
I'm not having any luck finding house to rack mount my 79 cc Predator and use the belt drive system that i can't get ANY information on. HELP!