what spare parts to order?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
Hey guys im building my first mb and am ordering a 48cc gt2b brubee engine. My question is what extra parts besides a masterlink and clutch pads should i buy for just in case? also where can i order extra jets for the cns carb at? i live at about 4600 ft in elevation so it would be nice to tune accordingly

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
SBP should have the jets, as for spare parts its up to you. I have broken clutch cables, cdi, magneto and a carburetor. Sick bike parts is one of the vendors on the side off this page.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Great question. I highly recommend you get a spare magneto-coil, maybe an extra CDI, and an NT carb are good investments; each can be had for less than $20 on eBay. Actually, if I knew then what I know now, I'da bought TWO kits; the cost of individual replacement-parts and shipping make it a cheaper and more convenient option for a first-build. There's a lot to learn, but the curve is steep and this newsgroup is a great resource. Having ruined a magneto-coil and needing to wait nearly a week for a replacement is really frustrating. I've learned to avoid problems more effectively, and I keep spare parts (and replace them when used) so as not to be left in a lurch when things break.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Ditch the stock chain and upgrade it. It's the single weakest link in the stock drivetrain. I use #40 roller chain but you can find others. Search it here for lots of suggestions.

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
ok great i ordered an extra heavy duty 410 and a few extra clutch parts incluing pads, spring and the arm on the motor. ill have to grab an extra cdi and coil wire next week. hopefully all goes well im probably alot more excited for this than i should be lol

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Pedal away from stops, don't slip the clutch like a dirtbike. I am over 250lbs and I have never had a clutch apart yet. I have many many thousands of miles on stock chinagirl clutches with no problems.