Old motobike guy- new here

GoldenMotor.com

flinttim

May 7, 2008
I built a Grubee Skyhawk back about 5 years ago. Been riding it since. Got involved in restoring a 1948 Crosley car and got away from the online activity of motorbikes. Just found this site. I have several questions if I may. I bought my kit from a fellow named Bill Wissell from out West. Very helpful guy and good service. Anyone know if he still sells the kits ? Back then he sold on ebay under the handle "1Cylinder". All he sold were Grubee kits
Also I used to frequent a forum called "MotoKruisers " They even had t -shirts made up for the members. I had it on my Favorites list but had not been there for a long time. I see now it's gone. Anyone know what happened to it ?

Aside from Bill Wissell (if he still sells) who else sells Grubee kits ? If I were to build another I would not want to go thru the process of figuring out what's good and what's bad again. I can say after 5 yrs my Wing Ding is first rate.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum!

I can't help you with your questions, except to say that'sdax who's ebay I.D. is dacscommm is very good at after the sale service. I think we've determined that these bicycle motor kits are pretty much all the same despite what some sellers may try to tell you.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. I think the motorkruisers was "absorbed" by another less friendly forum. I think one of the old mods from that forum is on here. Not sure about the other stuff. Lots of good info here on motorized bicycles. And lots of friendly helpful folks. Be sure and post some pics of your bikes. We all like to look at the pics. We all learn from each other here.................

flinttim

May 7, 2008
I posted some pics of my bike down on the photo and movie section.

"My Old Bike -Mt Bike Conversion "

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Another Motokruiser comes out of the wood. Welcome Flinttim and good to see you found the place, there are a handful of us here. MK died around a year ago due to the other forum recruiting from us and technical difficulties. This is a great group of friendly knowlegable guys here. I haven't seen or heard anything from Bill Wessels in a long time, probably since before the EPA fiasco. I think Mike Simpson Should still have some Grubee engines and I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that Spooky Tooth has them also...Kelly:ride2: