Looking for a High Quality 4 Stroke Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Babatunde

Aug 19, 2012
Santa Monica
Hello forum,
I am new to motorized bicycles, but I am going to need one this next school year because I am doing a sport a city away, and it is my responsibility to get there. I have a couple questions.
Can I convert a 10 speed into a motorized bicycle?
American or Italian made?
I would need a 4 stroke engine, but I can't find any that are 80 cc. Money is not too much of a variable, I am looking for the highest quality motorized bicycle kit under $1000 and from what I have found that seems feasible. I was looking at this and would like to know what you guys think: http://motorbicycle.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=11
Please list recommendations for others and tell me how the above is. Thank you guys,
Babatunde

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
WARNING: Do not buy from motorbicycle.org
They are no longer an EZ Motorbike dealer and had some
problems with not shipping when paid.

There are many EZ Motorbike dealers here on this forum.

The 4 stroke kit motors are 50 cc, why do you want an 80 cc? 4 stroke?
There are no American motors.

10 speeds can be motorized but they have skinny tires and are
an uncomfortable ride.
Cruiser type bikes work better.

Hello forum,
I am new to motorized bicycles, but I am going to need one this next school year because I am doing a sport a city away, and it is my responsibility to get there. I have a couple questions.
Can I convert a 10 speed into a motorized bicycle?
American or Italian made?
I would need a 4 stroke engine, but I can't find any that are 80 cc. Money is not too much of a variable, I am looking for the highest quality motorized bicycle kit under $1000 and from what I have found that seems feasible. I was looking at this and would like to know what you guys think: http://motorbicycle.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=11
Please list recommendations for others and tell me how the above is. Thank you guys,
Babatunde

Babatunde

Aug 19, 2012
Santa Monica
WARNING: Do not buy from motorbicycle.org
They are no longer an EZ Motorbike dealer and had some
problems with not shipping when paid.

There are many EZ Motorbike dealers here on this forum.

The 4 stroke kit motors are 50 cc, why do you want an 80 cc? 4 stroke?
There are no American motors.

10 speeds can be motorized but they have skinny tires and are
an uncomfortable ride.
Cruiser type bikes work better.
Ok thanks, I didn't think of that. I need something that goes fast, and although there are other factors other than amount of cc, I am looking for something with a high cc. Do you recommend the EZ Motorbike 4 Stroke Q-Matic Transmission Kit? I hear Italian motors are great, such as Morini, but when I went on their website it didn't look like they sold full kits.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
If you're looking for a 4-stroke motor, why are you looking at Morinis? They are 50CC 2-stroke race motors and require custom motor mounts.

If you want a Q-matic, being in Cali you should contact Scotto-. I believe he's the EZM dealer closest to you. You can find his contact info on EZM's CA dealer page.

As for a "high CC" 4-stroke motor, I can't help you.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm running a 99cc Predator with an EZ drive & it has plenty of power . The engine only costs about $90. My bike will do almost 50 mph & has good low end torque.

Babatunde

Aug 19, 2012
Santa Monica
I need something that is street legal, but my priorities are for it to be 4 stroke, and high quality. I am not actually interested in Morini, I just thought it was high quality but I'm not looking for very specialized parts. What exactly does q-matic mean? Does it mean its automatic, that you don't change gears? I will definitely contact an EZM dealer close to me, thanks MotorBicycleRacing for telling me not to contact that website.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the Q-Matic has a centrifugal clutch that engages as the rpm's of the engine increase ;)

Scotto has lots of experience with the larger (stock drive is for the 49cc) engines that the drive works with as well :)
and,,,he's a pretty cool guy to talk to on the phone !!! laff

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i agree talk to scotto. for a nice 4 stroker. if your looking for a very fast and well built morini talk to jeff CCC and for a well built 66cc china see norm at venice motor bikes. all of these can be street lic. stay outta trouble keep your grades up and get yourself free education = easy life... dennis

Babatunde

Aug 19, 2012
Santa Monica
Affordable Go Karts
320 W. Carrillo St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
www.affordablegokarts.com
Email [email protected]
Phone 800-661-5278

Is this the Scotto you speak of? I'm not looking for Morini, but ^^ its a little unclear if he's part of Affordable Go Karts or he's his own dude. I will call and check, but thanks for the explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the DUDE! oh, everyone knows that's JEFF! i hope scotto's part of AGK maybe i can get a discount. scotto AKA scott o'grady or #3. good guy. PM him 4 info. dennis