SD Stinger kit

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Hello there. I made another post, but it didn't work so here's a short version of that post.

My dad took an interest in these kits for his bicycle so I went ahead and got him the SD Stinger 66/80cc kit from bikemotorkit for 139.
I know it's a Chinese engine, but has anyone ran this kit successfully and is it a fairly good deal or what?...

I just want to know if this thing will actually work or is my dad headed for disappointment.

Otherwise these look cool

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
It's not that I don't think it will work, it's just that I wonder if it will blow up after a few runs.
This engine says it has needle bearings in the wrist pins and crank and that the rest of the kit has the better levers and such apart from the crappier ones in some kits.

If I had a ton of money I would go for a Honda or Titan, something like that, but I bet this kit is a good start to getting into this hobby. I just want tit to be good for my dad, because he needs something like this to keep his mind off of things... We had a cancer scare so he just wants something to do that is relaxing.

I'm sure I'l be back on here to get advice, but I think I have enough skill to get this thing going.
We both are pretty good at tinkering around lol.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
It's not that I don't think it will work, it's just that I wonder if it will blow up after a few runs.
This engine says it has needle bearings in the wrist pins and crank and that the rest of the kit has the better levers and such apart from the crappier ones in some kits.

If I had a ton of money I would go for a Honda or Titan, something like that, but I bet this kit is a good start to getting into this hobby. I just want tit to be good for my dad, because he needs something like this to keep his mind off of things... We had a cancer scare so he just wants something to do that is relaxing.

I'm sure I'l be back on here to get advice, but I think I have enough skill to get this thing going.
We both are pretty good at tinkering around lol.
What kind of bike are you putting it on?

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
What kind of bike are you putting it on?

Most likely a cheap Wal-Mart Cruiser since my dad is not into the sporty "Lean over" type Mountain Bikes. I've read on here that the Shwinn Del-Mar is a good bet.

I'm going to see if Wal-Mart has one..I think I saw a few nice cruisers up there.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Most likely a cheap Wal-Mart Cruiser since my dad is not into the sporty "Lean over" type Mountain Bikes. I've read on here that the Shwinn Del-Mar is a good bet.

I'm going to see if Wal-Mart has one..I think I saw a few nice cruisers up there.
Hi Eric, Welcome to the forum, If you get a chance I have that exact same motor & let me tell you it works great, I have my bike posted on
then forum in the picture section called First build so far second from the bottom, these engines are fun & easy to work on . Like everone else said there are plenty on this site to help you out on your ideas & build. Have fun Over & out Dirtyoldcrusier xct2

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Hi Eric, Welcome to the forum, If you get a chance I have that exact same motor & let me tell you it works great, I have my bike posted on
then forum in the picture section called First build so far second from the bottom, these engines are fun & easy to work on . Like everone else said there are plenty on this site to help you out on your ideas & build. Have fun Over & out Dirtyoldcrusier xct2

Thanks... I'll check that out in a minute.

Today I went and looked at a few Wally World Cruisers and I found a Huffy Cranbrook that looks nice and stout with a steel frame and totally black including the wheels. I think this bike will look pretty slick motorized. Now I just need to see if dad thinks it's easy to sit on.

I'm an avid MT biker, but in this instance I don't think getting the perfect sized frame is all that important since he'll be motoring rather than pedling. Still going to try and get a pretty good fit though..Hard to do at Wal-Mart since they only have one size usually... May order it online in a bigger/smaller size. We'll get dad on the one at Wal-Mart and go from there.

All in All I believe the cruiser style seems to be the easiest and most popular fo rthese engines.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Saw the pics, nice.

How old is the bike and where from?.

I think that Huffy I saw today will be just the checker... Expensive looking and seems pretty rugged as well and most important, good room for the engine as it looks just like the engine bay on yours.
I looked on my Specialized Rockhopper and I know I could never get that motor on there lol.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Saw the pics, nice.

How old is the bike and where from?.

Bought it from beachbikes.com 1(877)823-7346,,,, Funny you asked I had to check my old e-mails to get it right, I just checked the web-site & my bike is the featured one on the main page!! But i bought mine in April this year, but didn't have the money for the engine til after income tax return,,, Any how I paid $202.49 & shipped directly to my door here in Cincinnati Ohio.. If you check the site there should be a coupon for 10% off,,,, Have fun I gotta go ride before dark,, Over & out,,, Dirty xct2