Sick Bike parts shift kit questions

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
It must be some level of miscommunication. Since some of the items aren't on our website, this quickly turned into a special order.

This is what I think you ordered: "front freewheel assembly with cranks, jackshaft, bearings, and gears/sprockets"
We didn't know you wanted the hardware. We have no idea what you are building. Put yourself in our shoes for a minute. We are not mind readers.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Here's what the invoice says:

For:

front freewheel assembly
cranks
jackshaft
bearings
gears (17T and 10T)
sprockets (36T and 44T)
I will give you the spindle because I agree I did say a spindle should come with, back in 2008. We will also give you a replacement jackshaft - we've never seen that happen,we would love that one back to show our supplier.

Now you strongly and publicly think you were shorted the freewheel hardware? Done. I will include that.

Not to be harsh, but we have learned our lesson about order clarity - in the future, individual item orders (a la carte) do NOT include mounting hardware. We will have to also make it pretty clear: If it's not on our website, we don't sell it a la carte.

Thanks,

Paul

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
It must be some level of miscommunication. Since some of the items aren't on our website, this quickly turned into a special order.

This is what I think you ordered: "front freewheel assembly with cranks, jackshaft, bearings, and gears/sprockets"
We didn't know you wanted the hardware. We have no idea what you are building. Put yourself in our shoes for a minute. We are not mind readers.
Yeah, I often think in terms that make perfect sense to me but leave others scratching their heads.

Here's what the invoice says:

I will give you the spindle because I agree I did say a spindle should come with, back in 2008. We will also give you a replacement jackshaft - we've never seen that happen,we would love that one back to show our supplier.

Now you strongly and publicly think you were shorted the freewheel hardware? Done. I will include that.

Not to be harsh, but we have learned our lesson about order clarity - in the future, individual item orders (a la carte) do NOT include mounting hardware. We will have to also make it pretty clear: If it's not on our website, we don't sell it a la carte.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

I never felt I was "shorted" the hardware, just stated that I thought it would be included in the front freewheel/crank/sprocket/spindle assembly. I assumed hardware was included, you guys assumed I didn't need it. Easy mistake.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No issues. Your stuff will ship out in the AM.

Just so we are perfectly clear and no surprises, today we are shipping:

1) Replacement jackshaft (and btw good catch!)
2) Spindle with nuts
3) Little baggie of freewheel hardware
4) Bonus baggie of jackshaft hardware

Last edited:

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
No issues. Your stuff will ship out in the AM.

Just so we are perfectly clear and no surprises, today we are shipping:

1) Replacement jackshaft (and btw good catch!)
2) Spindle with nuts
3) Little baggie of freewheel hardware
4) Bonus baggie of jackshaft hardware
Thank you!

Let me know how much I owe for the hardware and I'll get paypal on the way.

Thanks for the killer service!

:)