Buba's World

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm the last person on Earth that has a right to call anybody a "Rebel" but there's a time and a place for everything. A packed city street, full of cars on it .........ain't that place. laff

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
scored an ultra glide dyno today down near alamenda blvd. original purple under the spray can black
maybe try to chem strip it?? any suggestions???

It was leaning next to a small beer/soda market
stopped and was looking at it -the owner came out and i asked him how much ???
started at 60 got it for $45 with a rock shox triple tree front fork and a bunch of carrying baskets side and front i guess for the beer.

then found a lot of 1X1 inch tubing long lengths a few other bicycles
my wife did not like the older puch women's racing bike do not know why???
maybe the down turned handle bars-- anyway lots of goodies chrome magna 24 inch to go with the clothing rack chrome pipe i have collected
now to get crackling ----a few new project bikes laying in pieces in the front yard
got to get welding soon

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
scored an ultra glide dyno today down near alamenda blvd. original purple under the spray can black
maybe try to chem strip it?? any suggestions???

It was leaning next to a small beer/soda market
stopped and was looking at it -the owner came out and i asked him how much ???
started at 60 got it for $45 with a rock shox triple tree front fork and a bunch of carrying baskets side and front i guess for the beer.

then found a lot of 1X1 inch tubing long lengths a few other bicycles
my wife did not like the older puch women's racing bike do not know why???
maybe the down turned handle bars-- anyway lots of goodies chrome magna 24 inch to go with the clothing rack chrome pipe i have collected
now to get crackling ----a few new project bikes laying in pieces in the front yard
got to get welding soon
A wire brush on a drill or grinder will strip it clean in no time.

NO MORE PARTS Buba! You already have enough bike parts to open your own bike store. I'm sure you could build 20 or 30 bikes with the parts you already have. laff

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Mike
I want to strip the rattle can black paint to get back to the really great purple original dyno paint suggestions?

for welding and slice and dice paint stripping for welding surfaces -- i use a car polisher like an angle grinder but lighter with a wire wheel- the variable speed makes it really controllable and gets down to business-- wear good full face protection!!!!

i got the addiction bad not like seymour but when i see it for the price i just can not say no????!!!!

i'll have to start my own swap and shop!!!!!

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike
I want to strip the rattle can black paint to get back to the really great purple original dyno paint suggestions?

for welding and slice and dice paint stripping for welding surfaces -- i use a car polisher like an angle grinder but lighter with a wire wheel- the variable speed makes it really controllable and gets down to business-- wear good full face protection!!!!
That'll work I guess. Never had to deal with that kind of scenario before. Whatever you decide make sure you post pics so all can see the master at work.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike

i got the addiction bad not like seymour but when i see it for the price i just can not say no????!!!!

i'll have to start my own swap and shop!!!!!
You get one more bike and your wife is gonna beat you over the head with it.
You got more bikes than Jay Leno has cars.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
When you gonna get this bike all motored up Buba! You have been conspicuously silent lately. Slice and Dice. Dice and Slice! LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi mike
I have been up in san Francisco for the past few days
walked the golden gate bridge the other day = it gives you a different perspective when you drive over it there were quite a few bullet holes and richocet dings from bullets in the upright posts and waist high railings== also noted several call stations with signs which read if you jump it will result in a fatal and tragic event use the call box for help--it is a big distance to the water I imagine you would splat
thinking about ridley scots brother who jumped off the terminal island bridge in san pedro when he learned of his advanced terminal illness
what a way to go =I wonder what one would think about on the way down????
i visited a number of the motorcycle shops up here for something to do- lots of pretty machines with prices starting around 10k aprilla august triumph and ktm they had some electric zeros but the sales guy said they are still very limited in range and dependent upon traffic conditions which can present some problems depending upon ones commute

double featured it at the movies this evening first American Hustle and then the new 300 movie
both different but quite good in their own genres -I had not been in a movie theater for about a year man they really bombard you with advertising =being a captive audience you can not change the channel

been cutting tubing on la but not very focused/busy with welding or getting it welded up I did open a few of the Honda gx 160s in preparation for pulling governors etc. first time for that maybe one or two destined for a few dyno frames at some time in the future

oh yeah I visited treatland they are here in san fran -- mopeds 1977 seems to have disappeared
treatland guy was cool ==several guys were very busy packing goodie boxes and getting them ready for fedex and ups==A friend in Belgium sends them pallets of engines and wheels on a regular basis so we talked about that a bit also some of the motorcycle trade shows== a big one in Milan Italy that he goes to

we travel to Belgium in a few weeks so I have had to take care of other things besides the motorbicycling activity

I am following your build and the battery things

I am sure in a few quick years there will very potent batteries the size of a large soda bottle that will last all day with plenty of miles and recharge in a short time as well
stay safe

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hi mike
I have been up in san Francisco for the past few days
walked the golden gate bridge the other day = it gives you a different perspective when you drive over it there were quite a few bullet holes and richocet dings from bullets in the upright posts and waist high railings== also noted several call stations with signs which read if you jump it will result in a fatal and tragic event use the call box for help--it is a big distance to the water I imagine you would splat
thinking about ridley scots brother who jumped off the terminal island bridge in san pedro when he learned of his advanced terminal illness
what a way to go =I wonder what one would think about on the way down????
i visited a number of the motorcycle shops up here for something to do- lots of pretty machines with prices starting around 10k aprilla august triumph and ktm they had some electric zeros but the sales guy said they are still very limited in range and dependent upon traffic conditions which can present some problems depending upon ones commute

double featured it at the movies this evening first American Hustle and then the new 300 movie
both different but quite good in their own genres -I had not been in a movie theater for about a year man they really bombard you with advertising =being a captive audience you can not change the channel

been cutting tubing on la but not very focused/busy with welding or getting it welded up I did open a few of the Honda gx 160s in preparation for pulling governors etc. first time for that maybe one or two destined for a few dyno frames at some time in the future

oh yeah I visited treatland they are here in san fran -- mopeds 1977 seems to have disappeared
treatland guy was cool ==several guys were very busy packing goodie boxes and getting them ready for fedex and ups==A friend in Belgium sends them pallets of engines and wheels on a regular basis so we talked about that a bit also some of the motorcycle trade shows== a big one in Milan Italy that he goes to

we travel to Belgium in a few weeks so I have had to take care of other things besides the motorbicycling activity

I am following your build and the battery things

I am sure in a few quick years there will very potent batteries the size of a large soda bottle that will last all day with plenty of miles and recharge in a short time as well
stay safe
Rust does not sleep Buba. You have enough bikes to fit a 3rd world army with. Those bikes won't wait and neither will the rust. LOL

I got my 72V 48Ah battery pack, including the ammo cans to hold them, down to only 93 lbs pounds. 93 lbs Buba! It's like they aren't even there. LMAO

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
mike-
rust is a rat builders best friend- lots a of character-SEXY PATINA just keep a lot of old engine oil or better yet old transmission fluid oil on the chains and try to keep too much water from getting into the wheel bearings everything would be cleaned replaced and/or rebuilt before assembly of whatever so on with the fun....
picked up two frames from a guy in my neighborhood fixing bikes working on the sidewalk for several months storage out of his van - good guy Mexican one of the frames has a swing arm suspension rear both are 24 inchers and can stretch really easy to make some sort of great ride with relative ease -- both have solid aluminum triple tree forks so maybe to extend or not --- time will tell --also talked up motorbicycling.com for those hanging around - they are psyched to get something going referred them to Venice they all know the Crenshaw cruisers by sight and sound..

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
what a nice day- great weather and to cruise with over 90 other like minded peoples from Belgium, Germany, France and Holland-

unfortunately a tribute ride to a very friendly guy I had met several years ago who died in a motorcycle crash last january-- small cc bike!!!!

check ride photos under www.choppers.be then click facebook for a series of ride photos
in the very first -- the group shot-- i am on the very right in front of the blue staircase entrance --gray baseball hat
you will find me throughout the photos if you look

ride safe

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
It has been a while that I have not posted

Last weekend my wife and daughter went to visit family for two and a half weeks so I have scooting all over LOs Angeles on my stock schwin/stock grubee running good!!!
Last weekend at the long beach swap meet I got Harley fever -bought a custom low and stretchy hardtail Harley frame cheap and two wheel sets with great tires/cheap
CCC was pedaling a bit** dyno and dmb/dennis had a way too fast Harley sportster all tricked out -Buell he had for sale
later Sunday afternoon rode my mb down to the Bartels Harley dealership Marina Del Rey to checkout rides- their shop guys/sales guys generally speaking are a snotty group but I saw that nostalgic glimmer/glint in a few of the visiting customers eyes when they spied my mb.

later at night started searching for engines etc Craig's list and got a few leads but today Monday I had to get down to the scrappy part of town and on my way back home stopped by a guys shop who usually has lots of Japanese rockets for cheap -low and behold three big Harleys!!!

well I bought one the valve train chain is being replaced
Man it is a big machine!!! well I am going to get my china girl stuff built out and Dyno -Micargi and Electra Frame a few engines and keep on with my chop and bop so......

dang- destiny has a way of doing that to you...
watch what you dream about and be mindful of your thoughts

ride safe

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello Buba, the world traveler...
I'm curious what brings you to that part of the world? Relatives?
...and you are still cutting up bicycles with eyes to reassemble them in new ways. And you're still waking up in the morning and finding fun in the course of the day. That's good! Live long, live well, ride on.
SB

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hello Silverbear--

I have not been so ever present on the forum though following everyone's activity.
Not wanting to be so me, myself and I.

Discovered Belgium 8 years ago via a dear friend of more than 30 years who lived on the edge of Paris. Yves died just 6 weeks ago of a pancreatic infection. He was a healthy guy -even hospitalized such an event can be most deadly.

Live every day like it may be your last -count your blessings.

Antwerpen my city is bicycle friendly, museums, cultural activities of every nature, historic 16th century buildings everywhere and intelligent- 85% of students attend college/ university and
best of all no homicide!!!..,
Just a brutal windy damp winter- I know you are no stranger to a severe winter season.

Cutting bikes here and collecting interesting stuff at "beurs"-swap meets for mopeds and motorcycles.
Bikes for pedal use and some experiments and practice for potential activity stateside.
Original built POWERED bicycles, motorcycles, cars etc. with engines or electrified is strictly forbidden??!!

ALL MY BEST TO YOU MY FRIEND... on with your builds

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Buba,
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend. I find there are many sweet things about becoming an elder, but saying goodbye to friends is not one of them. Always hard.

Antwerp sounds like an interesting place with bicycles everywhere. It must make you feel right at home...
SB

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi All-Been at it again.....
this time -dirt bike frames/wheels - to board track racers and other creations!!!!!

Scotto wanna race????