New Bike

GoldenMotor.com

PnLucas

Dec 14, 2008
Rhode Island
I am an avid cyclist, havent driven a car in 6 years. 30 mile round trip to work each day. i love the exercise, but...... gr its winter again.
I just finished installing a 80cc motor on a beach cruiser bike. was a pain but its running.
I joined this site to find out more about motor bikes now that i have one.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Welcome to the addiction. If you can, post some pictures. It takes the cold away when we are admiring everyone's work.

PnLucas

Dec 14, 2008
Rhode Island
lol yeah, all hills and our streets dont have any breakdown lanes. basically its like cheating death everyday. i cant post a pic yet forum wont let me but will soon

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Hey Ok you made a pick-up bike. I like function. I made sadle bags that can haul two full bags groceries if I want, plus my basic tools and gear. Happy bikeing.

Attachments

PnLucas

Dec 14, 2008
Rhode Island
lol yeah a pick up. i had the back on my mountian bike and just converted it over to the motor bike. i thought about doing saddle bags but i didnt want to lose any of the balance with an off center load.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Yeh buying one gallon of milk, I move my tools to the other side. But the ability to carry stuf makes these bikes pay for them selves going to the local store and back, Also make me want to go to the store and back :)

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I have trouble with dogs disliking the sound of my bike or maybe just me already, out run a loose guard dog the other day, but just.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The dog thing, oh man. I think we look and sound like wounded deer to them.
On the other forum there is a great bear V. MB story. Truly scary until the end.