Hello from north dakota

GoldenMotor.com

Joshua2012

Mar 24, 2013
north dakota
I am an amateur motorbike builder. I am back into wanting to build a bike and am looking for Input on 4 strokes or higher quality 2 stroke kits that can handle long distance riding. My days of cheap china girl kits are over. If anyone wants to sell used stuff and decent engines plz by all means msg me. And a big hello to Pirate cycles and ThatsDax.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum, Joshua! I lived in Grand Forks from '01-'07, did a lot of riding out there when it wasn't below zero :D

I recommend a 4-stroke paired with an EZM Q-Matic. I wish those existed when I lived in ND, as they are just about perfect for the long straight roads and require little maintenance. Spare belts can be found easily, other parts can be found at most hardware stores should you encounter any mishaps.

As for what 4-stroke to use, that depends on you. A Huasheng/Titan XC50 would handle it, but you might find yourself going pretty slow (<20MPH) against a mean headwind. A Predator 79CC from Harbor Freight has twice the torque, so it would be more up to the task.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi joshua and welcome to the forum,. i live on an island that is only 28 miles long and 8 miles wide so cannot help you with long distance lol. however i do know with any motor you keep them lubricated and not run full throttle all the time they will last a lot of miles. we look forward to hearing about your new motorized bicycle

Joshua2012

Mar 24, 2013
north dakota
Very excellent advice from the both of you. I will look into harbor freight for the model you suggested. sounds pretty Interesting. and 79 cc would not be too big as to not have mounting problems. and paul very true advice. take care of your machinery and don't overload it and It generally will last a lot of miles

Joshua2012

Mar 24, 2013
north dakota
I should be getting a bike today. standard size huffy with heavy duty thicker spokes.I am gonna look into a kit set up tonight and see what kinda deals out there. I am really hyped up on the Predator 79cc.