Style for the generation.

GoldenMotor.com

SkasualFailure

Jun 9, 2012
Ohio
Lorem! My name is Colton, I am a ska kid, have been since I was 8. Thought I would make a thread with a pic of my bike as it was when I got it, and then a couple throughout my ownership. I got the kit (standard 49cc kit from thatsdax) in september of last year. I put it on my '67 Schwinn Classic cruiser bike with original white walled tires (I will be so sad when I need to buy new ones, which I should do since they are bald). Rode it around about 60 miles a day every day that I could until winter hit. Had to replace small things like gas line, air filter, had to re-weld the exhaust because it busted open, then the engine blew because I started riding it about 100 miles a day the nice days after winter, when I was tearing everything apart I realized why my brakes hadn't been working the whole time, my pads were too low and so the were slipping and catching my spokes. :-|| a month later, a painful month without my baby (Skannabelle) and my new motor is here and I have a bunch of parts I rigged up from cheap car parts to minimize vibration. Bigger motor size, better mechanical understanding, and so much anticipation and excitement to ride again, and tomorrow it all comes together and I tear up northeast Ohio once again. Most of my pictures are from Photography assignments so they are on manually developed photo paper so I need to scan them in. I have a picture from when I finished assembling it for the first time. It looks a tad bit different now, I have band stickers on the gas tank now.

Attachments

Last edited:

SkasualFailure

Jun 9, 2012
Ohio
Well I typed out a long story, then my internet crashed so I am just gonna make it short this time. It started backfiring a lot, and during one particularly nasty backfire, the fuel hose popped off. Oil/gas started pouring down my leg and I didn't notice that my sparkplug cover popped loose as well. The gas leaked onto the engine in the sparkplug, backfired again, caught it all on fire as well as my leg, I was 6 miles from home and had to bike home holding the clutch with third degree burns on my leg. That was the end of Skannabelle 1.3 Now version 2.0 is almost up an running, need a new spark plug, fuel line, throttle cable (in the near future, not immediately necessary), and hand grips (also not necessary at the moment).

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well I typed out a long story, then my internet crashed so I am just gonna make it short this time. It started backfiring a lot, and during one particularly nasty backfire, the fuel hose popped off. Oil/gas started pouring down my leg and I didn't notice that my sparkplug cover popped loose as well. The gas leaked onto the engine in the sparkplug, backfired again, caught it all on fire as well as my leg, I was 6 miles from home and had to bike home holding the clutch with third degree burns on my leg. That was the end of Skannabelle 1.3 Now version 2.0 is almost up an running, need a new spark plug, fuel line, throttle cable (in the near future, not immediately necessary), and hand grips (also not necessary at the moment).
Very sorry to hear this Skasual, sux your leg caught fire. Hope you heal up real soon.

SkasualFailure

Jun 9, 2012
Ohio
Very sorry to hear this Skasual, sux your leg caught fire. Hope you heal up real soon.
Yea it was a few months back, all healed now, even got leg hair back. SKANNABELLE V2.0 IS UP AND RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP! Many many set backs the bast couple of days, will post more details along with pictures later.