Getting a new kickstand

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I'm planning on getting a new kickstand this paycheck and I am as always looking for ideas. The regular side kickstand that came with the bike just isn't cutting it. Between the fuel tank, the stuff I load in the front basket, and my rear mounted "toolbox/trunk" it is top heavy and always seems on the verge of falling over. I am considering either a rear axle kickstand or a center mounted one (see the Spookytooth page). I was wondering if anybody has had either good or bad experiences with either type? Which would you recommend? Thanks!

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
i think of it as a manual trans truck leave her in gear and lean against the wall . seems every time i leave the clutch disengages i find it on the ground with gas everywhere

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Saw a picture somewhere here of a bike with a rear wheel and a front wheel kick stand. The bike was built in USA, extra heavy duty industrial bikes. It's a big company that also leases fleets of bikes to Mfrs. Found it! ruggedcycles.com check'em out Happy Trails Walter F.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I've got the Spookytooth alloy stand that you're referring to.

It is very sturdy and strong, and has that great retro look that is nice on the somewhat retro-looking cruiser style bike.

I notice it scrapes, sometimes, when I go around corners, so it depends how much you like to lean the bike for fast cornering.

Hope that helps,

Brenton

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
Saw a picture somewhere here of a bike with a rear wheel and a front wheel kick stand. The bike was built in USA, extra heavy duty industrial bikes. It's a big company that also leases fleets of bikes to Mfrs. Found it! ruggedcycles.com check'em out Happy Trails Walter F.
Hmm, thats interesting, no chain, rugged cycles are shaft drive.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rugged Cycles?
No Chain, No air in tires stainless steel frame...and no prices on their website. I'm almost afraid to inquire. Those are interesting bikes. I've GOT to know how much. Anyone else asked for pricing yet?

theRhino

Feb 17, 2011
(San Marcos)San Diego, CA
I use what is listed on this page as the: 26" TRADITIONAL KICK STAND

Aztlan Bicycle, The World's Number One Lowrider Bike Company
Hugh Made...
thank you for posting where you got your kickstand from.. I have been searching day and night, combing through every website known to man, trying to find what is best suiting for me.
i have gathered many ideas from your beatiful bike. truly a masterpiece and icon in this MB world. I just ordered from that site..

Thanks again
theRhino

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Same here. Their site is up and looks updated. Dunno. Sure do hope they are open. Some one will know.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I got one of those heavy duty type kick stands with the two legs on it and it has adjustable feet on it and I love it. It's the kind that mounts under the frame, just rear of the peddles. What I like about it is that it lifts the rear of the bike up high enough to check my rear tire when ever I feel the need. Fixed a lot of spokes like this too, without even taking the wheel off.

I don't know who sells this kind as I got it off Ebay a few years ago, but they're easy to note with those adjustable feet on them.

.wee.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
If you have access to a welder ,something we been doing lately is straighting the end of stock kickstand then attaching one or two washers in a stack. This make a little foot that works great in grass or dirt and costs nothing.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
The dual kickstand is what I use. Benefits are stability. Plus if you place a board, say a length of 4x6 underneath it, you then have the rear tire off the ground for maintenance.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Dan ,i found a great little brackett (used in mounting outboard engines) that makes a perfect kickstand foot ,sure wish i could post pics...arrrrrgh ,it's shaped like a key hole with a 90 deg. Bend at bottom of key hole and square hole at center. When welded to stock stand you get both a foot to hold bike and little "tange" that makes it super easy to kick down (especialy if you ever ride with boots on) and even looks cool. I had to buy a whole box , so pm me an address and i'll send you a couple to try.