Hello from Schuylkill County, PA

GoldenMotor.com

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
Hello to all. Been lurking several weeks and thought it's time to join in. I have been in the bicycle business since 1982 and am a 5th generation family blacksmith. Years ago I worked in an autobody shop. Between bikes, autobody, and blacksmithing, metal working, tinkering and inventing have been the backbone of my life. I just got into the motor bicycles this year kind of by accident. Had a bicycle customer bring in a hub for me to lace into a rim for a motor bike he was building. To make a long story short, he didn't know how to complete his bike, so he brought it to me to finish. After he took his first test ride, I was immediately hooked. Next day I ordered my own kit and now have 4 motorbikes I ride daily. Talk about an addiction. Loads of fun and very affordable hobby. I'm hoping my knowledge of bicycles and metal working will be beneficial to this great site.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Bikes. Very cool and looking forward to reading your insights. Really is an addiction. Did ya see this?

o_O

Help with an addiction? Heh... perhaps you wish a 12 step program?

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Cracked me up.

Any way, glad to meet ya and welcome

Richard Lowe

Oct 6, 2009
Pottsville,PA
Hi, I believe I meet you last year as I was looking for an old frame to mount my motor. Will have to stop by again on my motorcycle and have a chat with you. I bought a new Schwinn and mounted the motor to that.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
Hello, Richard. Stop by the shop anytime you are in my area. I'm sure we will have something to talk about.

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I only live about half an hour from the site of the rally. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it this year unless we have some major change of plans here. It sounds like it could really be a great fun event.