Gimme some good lube..I can't take it rough

GoldenMotor.com

darrick

Nov 14, 2009
South Texas
Ok in my little hick town they only cary cheep oil catering mostly to weed-whackers
and I'm tired of tasting death in my lungs while out on a commute.
Also, how bad is it to see black sludgy build-up on top of your motor?
I'm hearing racing oil is the top s#&% to use..and I want some.
Word is ¿Amsoil? is a good one.

I'd appreciate exact names, and links to retailers.
I wanna see some horses pop out of my bike like it made love to Seabiscuit.
Thanks
-Darrick

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Sorry I can't help on 2 stroke issues...

...but I saw this topic title and "good score at the dump" right next to each other....made my day.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Yea the synthetics definitely make for smoother operation with the two strokes. Any synthetic will do, just don't go for any synthetic "blends" which are mostly petroleum based. Ive used several different brands and haven't noticed any difference between the synthetics.

Ive used amsoil, castor, and several others...

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I've been liking the AMSOIL Saber professional at 32:1. I started with dominator but found the Saber keeps the engine a little cleaner. Always check your plug!!! If it looks good it is good. I also mix a few gallons at 50:1 for hot rod days. Synthetics are cool here in the states. But I have a second engine that I have been using nothing but Valvoline regular 2-stroke oil at 25:1 and it runs great. Very light smoke and is always smooth running. I did this because I am going to be traveling in Central America with it and you won't find all the synthetics there. It's mostly plain 2-stroke oils. Pretty much what you put in it, continue to put in it until the end of days, lol.