Berry Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Hi everyone:

I have been looking for a bike for my first build and would like to know if anyone has used a Berry bike? Also what about the engine kits that they sell. Any help in finding a good bike and engine kit would be good.

Thanks for any help
Chuck

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to find a new bike for the build because i plan to build some more for friends and anyone else that ask. That is if all goes well on the first one. I was looking for all the input i can get to get started.
Thank You
Chuck

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I would have to agree, I have found some really great deals on craigslist! Although it has been getting kind of a bad reputation in the news lately. You just need to look at the bikes for sale, and not all the stuff that is for sale on the "Erotic" site.

John

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Thanks for your replys everyone. I decided to just get a Schwinn Jaguar for my first build. I still have not settled on the engine to use. Will need to search some more. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Chuck

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Thanks for your replys everyone. I decided to just get a Schwinn Jaguar for my first build. I still have not settled on the engine to use. Will need to search some more. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Chuck
Probably depends on how much you want to tinker with it. I just ordered my sixth Chinese 2 stroke. I have had very little trouble with them, other than some minor adjustments. Four cycle may be less maintenance, but I am partial to the look you get with the in frame two stroke.
I would just order from a reputable dealer on this site. I have ordered from five different dealers, and like I say with very little problem. Duane at Dax is great to deal with.

John

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I decided to go with a Schwinn Legacy from Target. They are on sale for $104.99 and i picked up one with a dent in fender fo $94.99. I have a Star Fire Gen II 50cc. comeing this Fri. from USA Bike Motors. This is the new slant plug engine. I talked to Jim at Manic Mechanic and will be getting help and custom parts needed for my build from Jim. We are also building a second bike for my son on a alum. frame bike with the same GenII engine as the first.

Last edited:

HardyBikes

May 5, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
Glad to hear you got a deal on your bicycle. Hey, I tried searching for the "USA Bike Motor" company you mentioned, but I couldn't find them. How much did you pay for your motor, did you get a warranty?