New Build - Change of Plan :)

GoldenMotor.com

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
Ok so thought about using the Firmstrong Stretch Urban Deluxe in my next build but I am going to wait. Want to keep cost down and limit all the extra crap I need to do modifying that bike. I will get a few bit more experience points under my belt before tackleing that one.

So this is the bike I just purchased and waiting on it now. 48 CC on this one and plan is to use Manics or Pirates motor mounts, Adapter/Sprocket/chain upgrade, If the adapter works with the 72 spoke fine if not I will switch out to the 36 spoke plus I will upgrade tires to Kevlar reinforced wire rim. I have an standard small expansion chamber, X port exhaust header, and NT carb. Topeak rear bike rack with interchangable bags option. I am also going to put the nylon wheel spring tensioner on this one too. Also, going to put rear clamp brakes on back tire.

I'll figure out the lights, mirrors, and any other accessory after the build.

Some other parts I have that I could use are the CNS carb or Modified carb from JNmotors. Plus I have the SBP Black Expansion chamber laying around too. We will see how that goes. I may use the boost kit on it as well :)

Any comments welcome!! Please comment!! I will post updates as soon as I get started!

Attachments

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
very cool sounds like you got a plan.looks very much like the drifter i picked up from sears for 186 dollars out the door.havnt decided on what motor for that bike.still workin on my occ with the starfire motor.do recomend the sprocket adapter used on occ&cranbook both 36t and justed installed 40t on schwinn drifter,well worth the cash.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Ok so thought about using the Firmstrong Stretch Urban Deluxe in my next build but I am going to wait. Want to keep cost down and limit all the extra crap I need to do modifying that bike. I will get a few bit more experience points under my belt before tackleing that one.

So this is the bike I just purchased and waiting on it now. 48 CC on this one and plan is to use Manics or Pirates motor mounts, Adapter/Sprocket/chain upgrade, If the adapter works with the 72 spoke fine if not I will switch out to the 36 spoke plus I will upgrade tires to Kevlar reinforced wire rim. I have an standard small expansion chamber, X port exhaust header, and NT carb. Topeak rear bike rack with interchangable bags option. I am also going to put the nylon wheel spring tensioner on this one too. Also, going to put rear clamp brakes on back tire.

I'll figure out the lights, mirrors, and any other accessory after the build.

Some other parts I have that I could use are the CNS carb or Modified carb from JNmotors. Plus I have the SBP Black Expansion chamber laying around too. We will see how that goes. I may use the boost kit on it as well :)

Any comments welcome!! Please comment!! I will post updates as soon as I get started!
If those wheels have the spoke flanges with the 2 little holes opposite of each other, It's not hard at all, if you have some skill and a drill press, to adapt a stock sprocket directly to the hub. I've done several and they work great.

Pirate Cycles's adaptor sprocket also will work If that's the hub you've got.

Last edited:

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
haha this has gotten crazy :) In a good way. So actually gunna build two bikes at once. I bought some C110 rims original to replace those 72 spoke rims. Didnt really like the 72 spoke they seemed weaker for some reason. But the C110 were too nice to put on this bike as it will be a low price point. This Firmstrong bike will be on display at the local surf shop for sale. When finished it wil lhave a surf board attachment thingy to hold a surf board.

But I ordered a few things else. I got the Monark 2 springer forks, a Sun Revolution Bike CB26, and will switch out the Sun bike tires to firmstrong ( 36 spoke). I will use the Monark 2 forks and the c110 rims on the Revolution bike. The revolution bike will also get the adapter, sprocket, manifold, and carb upgrades. Hopefully I can put calipr brakes on the Sun - should be able to.

Should have the Sun bike Tuesday or Wednesday and get started.

Firmstrong will have 48 CC motor and Revolution will have 66CC.

Attachments

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
No I got it from our local deal here. He ordered it from the west coast distributor. However, after getting it I decided against using it. It is not as solid as the 3G bicycles and I wouldnt trust this one going 25mph. It is a nice bike but a tad flimsy I think for a motorized bike. I think they have the same frame in Walmart under another brand name too.

I am just getting started on the firmstrong today actually and looks like it will be a breeze. The Urban Firmstrong is solid like the 3G - actually the frames look very much the same.

I am waiting on another Isla Vista to replace the Sun build idea and accessories..