jerbear1

GoldenMotor.com

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
Hi, I'm a old guy retired from job as a Respiratory therapy and after having some medical bills that nearly broke me, I’m now worried about the cost of gas, I wonder if this might be my answer, I only need it to go to church, store, Doctors office, and just to visit near by park that has a great road around it and out of the main roads, does anyone know where a kit is, or the aprox cost? Oh, there is a small hill it would have to go up, or maybe I could walk that part, it's not too steep. Jerry or jerbear1

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Jerry, welcome to the forum. Lots of info on the site here about motorized bicycles. There are many sources for the engine kits. Check e-bay. Thatsdax is a sponsor here and has a good reputation for service after the sale. I've never bought one from him so I can't speak from experience, only what I've heard here on this forum. Both of my bikes will climb pretty steep hills with no assistance. They do get very good mileage and will pay for themselves pretty quickly, especially as expensive as gas is right now. Don't be afraid to ask any questions here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful here.........................

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Jerry, welcome the forum. Glad to have you with us, a great bunch of peolpe here with lot's of knowledge. :D

I have gone up a 9,000ft mountain in 19miles on a 36t sprocket. Had to do a little pedaling in some spots but it was a breeze. I have a 80cc two-stroke and I've been very happy with it.
I've been saving over a thousand dollars a year in fuel cost riding my motorized bike. They pay for themselfs real fast. :ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome jerry! you will not only find a motorized bicycle to be very economical but a lot of fun to. we are all here to help you with whatever you decide. we have some great people. glad to have you with us.
:ride2:

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks to all, I'm a little handy with tools, I intend to try in a few days, I have a project I need to finish then will he looking for info and kits..info like cost and web sites to go to...I want to think you all for the great replys, you give me hope I can do this.....Jerry/jerbear1

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
I wonder if it is feasible to buy a bike from Wal-Mart or somewhere, and a weedeater and someone’s kit, and/or directions to put together, and about how much it would cost??? also I saw on line a man who had a small banana type child’s bike with a big seat on it, and he said it got 200 miles per gallon, and he said it went 30 mph...is this possible? or nonsense.....thanks everyone, esp the fellow who emailed me earlier, I accidently deleted his email by mistake....Jerry/jerbear1
PS I want a nice looking bike, one that is not very high priced, and fix it to run around town, store, church, to the mall, and save a little gas....whew

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
Where will I need to go to see what others might of said to me in reply? ....thanks Jerry/jerbear

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that was me in the email. welcome and glad to have you with us. the small bike doing 30mph i find hard to beleive for a smaller tire is gonna have to do whole lot more revelutions to get that kind of speed. a nice 26" tire you should be able to hit thirty pretty easy. the mart bikes are fine. good price and what most of us them. the weedeater motor i dont think is nessesary if you get a bicycle motor kit. people will respond to your post right here like i have. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
I think I'm going to check out Cruiser's info, I will be starting to get info and plans together soon, I have a important project started that is winding down, and will leave me lots of time soon to get on it.....Jerry

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Jerry, check out that'sdax.com or his ebay I.D. is dacscommm.

He's a great guy to deal with and more than fair prices for the frame mount two and four stroke kits.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just beware of the Huffy Cranbrook- single speed (79.99) at W-Mart, terrible frame welds! Compare the Schwinn Point Beach- multi speed (139.99).

Also, the Next bikes (see my avatar photo) are too small in the frame area to mount an engine kit.

jerbear1

Apr 28, 2008
Thank you all, I was at the Dr's today, and at a job this evening, but will check all this out when I get home from work, you all are just great to help me like this....c'ya later or tomorrow, gotta go to work, but I'm going to build one soon....thanks everyone Jerry/jerbear1