what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Changed spark plug and went on a ten mile ride. When ever I complete a long ride say ten miles or more I have this feeling right after like I pee'd myself... also my hands and wrists are completely numb. as well a few other parts that I cant mention on here due to politically correctness and a want to not be vulgar at the present time . This really boggles my mind because I used quite a bit of vibration reducing materials when I BUILT IT .

It doesn't really vibrate too much but still I'm shaking like a 2 dollar crack whore when I stop from a long jaunt . I wonder if the tires could be causing it.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

FRAG OUT!!!!

These guys stupid or what / watch these I-D-TEN-TEEES

May as well move to another spot now
FISH. are not going to bite now they know that they you are there now..... dummies

(on a more serious note... I hope they are ok and didn't get blowed up too bad )

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Changed spark plug and went on a ten mile ride. When ever I complete a long ride say ten miles or more I have this feeling right after like I pee'd myself... also my hands and wrists are completely numb. as well a few other parts that I cant mention on here due to politically correctness and a want to not be vulgar at the present time . This really boggles my mind because I used quite a bit of vibration reducing materials when I BUILT IT .

It doesn't really vibrate too much but still I'm shaking like a 2 dollar crack whore when I stop from a long jaunt . I wonder if the tires could be causing it.

Rubber mounting actually increases vibration, It leaves a little wiggle room for the engine to move. Try it without the "vibration reducing materials". Just make sure the engine is tight. I started getting that kind of buzzing in my (blank, blank,) parts, snugged the engine, no more vibes. I used to build with rubber mounting, It doesn't really work.
fatdaddy..

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Rubber mounting actually increases vibration, It leaves a little wiggle room for the engine to move. Try it without the "vibration reducing materials". Just make sure the engine is tight. I started getting that kind of buzzing in my (blank, blank,) parts, snugged the engine, no more vibes. I used to build with rubber mounting, It doesn't really work.
fatdaddy..
I don't even think full blown motorcycles have rubber mounts on them for the same reason.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

What did I do to my motor bike today? I picked it up off the asphalt. Well, I picked myself up first, then the bike, then my shoe that flew off, then my sunglasses that went in another direction, and last but not least, my helmet that came off before I even hit the ground.(I gotta tighten that strap.)
I've always said that the thing about coaster brakes is they either don't stop you or they just lock up. And thats what happend. Thank the gods it was a low speed turn when it happend. I just touched the coaster after applying the front brake and it locked in the middle of the turn. It skidded out so fast I didn't have time to say, Oh S**T. And I'll tell ya bro's, I'm a little to old to be fallin down like that. I hurt ALL OVER right now. Broke down and went to the E.R. to get checked out. Nothin bad, just some bumps and bruises. So just some friendly advice, Don't use a coaster brake in the middle of a turn.
fatdaddy.
P.S. And most importantly, The bike is fine..duh.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york

good to hear you didnt do any real damage to you or the bike it could have been a bad one from how it sounds glad you arnt to hurt

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Thanks Jonny, It's my first wreck on this bike so it's no longer a DROP virgin..bf. (and I haven't been a virgin for YEARS.)
And yer right draco. Some do rubber mount, but at more than just two points, and with REAL MOTOR MOUNT RUBBER. At least three points would probably be OK. But the chinagirl has only two. Rubber just lets it move around.
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I rode mine to Home Depot to get some snap ring pliers. You can't disassemble an old Marzocchi fork without them.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

yea i remember my drop i was run off the road and i have stitches to remind me
Glad yer OK too. I keep telling everyone, Shiney side up, Rubber side down. I guess I should take my own advice.
I've already got a bad back from droping the big bikes in my younger days, So this last incident didn't do a thing to help that problem AT ALL. The Hussy is tucked safely in the garage, so I'm just gonna curl up on the sofa, Turn on the TV, Do a couple vicodine, (Prescription,) A shot of Canadian Mist, (non prescription,) And just give myself a few days to heal.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I rode mine to Home Depot to get some snap ring pliers. You can't disassemble an old Marzocchi fork without them.
Right wheelbender, No self respecting shop should even open it's doors without them. There's a LOT of other things yer gonna need em on anyway.
fatdaddy.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Roger that, don't rubber mount, eats studs too. There was a discussion a while back about the numb factor. There was talk of expanding foam in the handlebars that definitely helped. Expanding foam, sand, lead shot, etc... I brought up "why not use it in the seat-post too?" Dunno if anyone tried it, I haven't tried it because my cruise vibes aren't that bad. Might be an option for you Jumpa.

Glad you're okay fatman, I cringe at the thought of that happening when "on the gas" in a corner...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Right you are killer. A lot of guy's even go so far as to weld a steel mount directly to the bike. I don't know about adding sand or lead to my bike though, I've got enough weight on it already. And as long as the mounts are tight the vibration is minimal.
fatdaddy.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

They look too cold and not a steady feed/ rate of travel. It really does not matter what they look like as long as you got good penetration/ no undercut and they hold.
JonnyR's suggestion can make even the worst amateur welds look excellent.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

I know that you have flux core, but maybe the same also helps like when I first started using MIG. I found holding the nozzle right angles to the surface where butt weld and maybe 45 degrees where two surfaces are joined at right angles.

Also I found wave the nozzles back and forth and look for pool and then move on. Sort of ziz-zaging as I go.

Hey great you got the welder going. I have to wait till weather stops raining and I'll be doing some more work on my motor bike.

MT

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

re-routed my pipe and added a bracket for support, and as far as ****ty welds go im using a 90 amp harbor freight gas-less mig and no grinder clean up after so i probably take the cake haha anyways, onto the pics...

overview of the new routing

close up of the bracket