felt scythe

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Sure is a cool looking frame. I've never heard of it before, so that maybe you've never seen one built because it'snot too common. If the frame is steel, I would clamp the motor at the seat post and weld a pedestal to the bottom tube.

Either way, $200 is a score!

Rocket123

Mar 27, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Co
awesome thanks. It will probably take me another month or 2 to get motors on these but i will post pics oh and i am sure questions. Also it is an aluminum frame but i have ideas for mounting i will try out and see what you all think.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ya know; with a little work and the right stuff the Felt aluminum frames can be turned into a real gas tank. http://www.kwmachineworks.com/Motorized_bikes.html Ive done it on a "Twin" and MANY others have done it as well. MUCH cleaner than the abortion of a peanut tank that comes with the kits. KW's chain tensioner is what ya want as well. Made to work on the Felt alu, chainstays. ACTUALLY: I take that back.. The chainstays on the Torch,Scythe,Bandit are different. Square not oval. I just sold a Torch and its coming back to me now.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
If you have a weld bead on the top of the top tube go carefully. My "Twin" had no such thing but my Torch had the weld bead that would have needed to be ground down to make the KW thing work. I'm assuming easy to burn through. Be cautious.

Rocket123

Mar 27, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Co
thanks it has the weld on top. was thinking i would grind off the weld under the cap before sealing and i was hoping the sealer and jb weld under cap would take care of it. was already trying to figure out what tool would be best grinder might be to aggressive maybe die grinder and or sander. trying to see if i can afford some 3g springer chopper forks before i do the tank so its only apart once. of course they cost more than the bike but sure are cool.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Go carefully. That tank aluminum is THIN. And a dremel with sanding wheel with take that weld bead down. What color will you paint after welding?