212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Hey Glennbo,
Do you have any idea what you will be using for forks? I have a shockmaster with
great chrome and terrible paint filed for a 3/8" axle if your interested.
Skitch

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
The big HF is a delight for power, but vibrates like crazy.
I rode around a lot today, with the way above normal temp for November. I could ride a lot because I mounted the engine on isolators below and rubber restraints on top. My engine is mounted on a gussetted horizontal plate, I am curious if the guys who mount the engine upright have the same vibe issue.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The mythical magical number for small engines is 18.75 to 1

What is the goal for a 212cc monster like this engine?
Using the GTC (Comet 30) and a 212cc Pred. I find anywhere between 10 and 12:1 to be the range that suits what I need for power and acceleration. That ratio does not include the torque converter's variable ratio of course.

There isn't a specific goal per se, it depends on what you are going to use the bike for with a maximum sized motor such as the 212cc.

dnut

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
well i finally have my frame and im hoping to mount it something like this

Hard to judge by the bike not having wheels to have a level line.... but it looks as though the engine would be mounted at a ~ 30 degree angle or so.

Others may chime in with more specific knowledge, but I am not sure if it could function or work well mounted on such an angle being a 4 stroke engine.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i will have some pictures tommorrow . been working on the motor mount had some issues but i think i have figured it out . all of my previous builds have been 2stroke kits this is been way more challenging and fun!!
glenn
dnut

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Man, that motor fits nice. This is going to be an awesome build! What's with the chain ring on the left side?

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
That's all the chicken with the gravy! Flat out awesome Glennbo! I haven't had a problem but are you thinking of beefing up rear dropouts at adjuster screws? No problems with a china girl but it looks like you could dig a trench with that mongo! What do you think it weighs?

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
It's really an incredible accomplishment you got that mass in there after seeing your first picture. Congratulations! really, really nice!