What the heck is this

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Looks interesting, I don't Facepoop either, so you'll have to keep us in the loop.

They'd have to keep costs pretty low, to be competitive with the China Girl we're familiar with, which is actually a Russian refuge, kept alive by popular demand on a global scale. That's a hard market to get an edge in. They'd have to keep it within a hundred bucks of the CG, or my money will go to Dax, maybe shop around for a pull start.

Keep us posted, novelty factor alone makes me want one.

quik225

Aug 13, 2011
Eustis FL
Its got electric starter built in.
Starter? Or generator? Or both?
I wonder if "electric start" shown on the description list is a typo and that is only a generator because where would you mount the battery? What kind of battery would you use? M/C batt seems like it would be overkill and expensive, 4 rechargeable D cells to make a 6v system would be cheap and light.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The dual nature of electric motors as dynamos has been used to advantage for years. Many European microcars used it with Villiers and Sachs and similar 2 stroke engines.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I also noticed a chain primary drive, rather than gear driven. I don't really know the advantage of the chain primary. Makes gear reduction more adjustable?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Perhaps they're backing their engine to last long enough to need easily replaced chain, rather than worn out gears?

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
quik225:

Starter? Or generator? Or both?
I wonder if "electric start" shown on the description list is a typo and that is only a generator because where would you mount the battery? What kind of battery would you use? M/C batt seems like it would be overkill and expensive, 4 rechargeable D cells to make a 6v system would be cheap and light.
It's apparently equipped with both a fully functional generator/charging system and an electric start. The kit comes with a battery box. I don't know whether the generator and the starter motor are separate components, or a dual use item.

I could see where the electric start setup would be handy for jack-shaft setups.

Ludwig II

Perhaps they're backing their engine to last long enough to need easily replaced chain, rather than worn out gears?
What seems to run counter to this in my mind, is the top end setup .. a 1 piece barrel/head effectively makes the top end disposable if ANYTHING is wrong with it. Also it limits upgradability - limits owner tinkering.

Interesting motor - I'm going to watch what others are doing with it/discover the benefits and detractors of the new setup.. but in no way am i going to be an early adopter.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
One piece barrel means no gasket fauts. Most owner tinkering is not beneficial, even if enthusiasts on this forum know what they're doing.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
much better looking than the usual HT - larger exhaust might mean better flow

lots of MCs have used a combined alternator/starter

I'd never ride anything without a clutch tho, and it has a look that might mean getting police confused about whether it is MC or bicycle.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I got a solicitation e-mail for the them just the other day.
They offered to send me a free one to try it out and consider being a dealer for them.

---
Hello Friend,

Good day!

This is Akili from professional petrol bike engine manufacturer.

Are you ready to welcome all those potential buyers with a perfect newest bicycle gas engine?

I would like to introduce our newest hot selling model petrol 80cc bike engine with electric starting +pull starting !

Here are the three updates of this engine:

1. Oil-immersed automatic clutch
2. 12v, 7ah Dry battery(Life time is 2 years at least)
3. There is generator inside of engine,which can charge the battery during driving!

This model is really hot selling in american market.Our big dealer---Bike berry ordered 300 sets from us already! Sure you will like it so much.

Note: We are the manufacturer for this item, we had applied for the appearance copyright.

We are looking for wholesalers and distributors in the world market!

One sample can be delivered for you.Sure this will be best engine that you have received.

May i know your opinion of my offer?

Wait for your reply!
---

I don't say no to free, especially something new, and will give it a fair review if and when I get one even though I am trying to away from 2-stroke.

It could be fun or a waste of time, as an oil bath clutch and it's tank oil tank + a battery can't be cheap, but maybe worth it as mention above for shifters which of course I am always interested in ;-}

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
This model is really hot selling in american market.
LOL! Not YET it's not!

Anyway, it's just in time or the tax-refund season...these Chinese have predatory business acumen! That said, I DO have some discretionary funds now and would LOVE to try one of these out. Find out if you can get US a few of those cylinders too...for testing!