Build complete.

GoldenMotor.com

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
So my Motorized bike is now complete. She started right up and man it was awesome. Rode around the block a few times. and then i let it idle for a little bit. I do have a few question. Is the engine supposed to run a little rough during the break in period? and it seems to have a lot of vibration. Im not going into oil mixture but i used a recommended one. and it seems to like it. A little smokey tho. dance1

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Re: Build complete?

Were there groups of children Fist pumping? I hear this is the final Sign.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Ah, that would explain the rough running,
take it out after they get out of school or something, that aught to sort its self right out ;)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So my Motorized bike is now complete. She started right up and man it was awesome. Rode around the block a few times. and then i let it idle for a little bit. I do have a few question. Is the engine supposed to run a little rough during the break in period? and it seems to have a lot of vibration. Im not going into oil mixture but i used a recommended one. and it seems to like it. A little smokey tho. dance1
many of these engine tend to smooth up some after two or three tanks of gas run through them.

where did you get your engine?

The reason I ask is that there are some that are known to be better balanced than others, I have a couple that have horrible vibes because of a badly unbalanced crank, but I have others that are ncomforta ly balanced from low down all the way to max rpm.

Just be aware that even the well balanced ones will still have some vibes, a single cylinder 2 smoker cant be perfectly balanced to be smooth at all rpms, but some of the newer china girl engines are way better balan ed than swhat we got a couple years ago.

Did you rejet the carb?

a of them I have had co.e with a jet thats to big and that causes the engine to 4 stroke which also makes them run rougher.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
I got my engine from a chinese company called Amonstar. it only runs rough at low rpms/take off. after that runs pretty well and idles well too. The carb.... is a piece of work all together. i dont like it but, it will do for now. Until i get it fully broken in, i know that it does run and starts up first try with ease. I tried to pedal with out engaging the clutch and there was somed drag. Wouldnt want to get stuck to far away thats for sure. but i will take tools just in case. It has a lot of potential cant wait to break it in and release the inner beauty.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I got my engine from a chinese company called Amonstar. it only runs rough at low rpms/take off. after that runs pretty well and idles well too. The carb.... is a piece of work all together. i dont like it but, it will do for now. Until i get it fully broken in, i know that it does run and starts up first try with ease. I tried to pedal with out engaging the clutch and there was somed drag. Wouldnt want to get stuck to far away thats for sure. but i will take tools just in case. It has a lot of potential cant wait to break it in and release the inner beauty.
Good deal, if you have the NT carb which is the most common, I an tell you that its an excellent carb for these engines when its jetted right for you set up and mix you're running they're pretty m7ch bullet proof and I've seen 48mph on one of my bikes running the little NT carb.

Not saying its the best there is available of course, but its the easiest to tune and it give virtually no problems once its set up correctly.

Best wishes 9n the build and I hope it keep sgetting better and better as you get it run in good.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Congratulations, Max. It's a good feeling when these little engines finally fire off and pull you along under their own power
Just a question. You said you're using "the recommended fuel to oil ratio". What does that mean? If you are going by what the kit instructions tell you and using a 16:1 mix I think you'll find the engine will perform better for you if you go down to at least 24:1 or better yet, 32:1.

The engine will run better, smoother and produce more power the more miles you accrue. We generally suggest 200 to 300 miles before you can expect the best output. I also agree with Map. Your stock, NT carb is as good as you can expect for a stock or even mildly modified engine. Tune it right and it will provide you with everything your engine can give with little to no problems. They are easily tuned and maintained.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Congratz on getting it rideable this quick...
Yeah, I'll agree with 2door on the oil mix as 16:1 is way too much oil, 24 or 32:1 right from the get go has been proven perfectly safe, then after that you can continue at 32:1, or go to a better ratio if the oil is made to do so, I won't go too far into this because it always leads to way too much drama...

I gotta agree on the NT carb as well... for what it is, it's a really good "all around" carb that's reliable and it can perform when set up right (jetting and needle hight) for your engine. Very easy to tune and very reliable is it's best attributes, but a stock NT that hasn't even been jetted to match my engine has pushed my bike over 40mph with 225 lb of me on it.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Nice Yeah i started it out 24:1 but like you said i believe ill go with 32:1 and then get 50:1 oil mix. i know for sure now i have it well lubed tho