Newb

GoldenMotor.com

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Hi all from the great PacNW...been lurking here for several days gathering valuable info which I had never thought about when I decided to motorize my Walmart Point Beach Cruiser with a 4 cycle Flying Horse Hua Sheng from Spooky Tooth Cycles. I mainly bought the motor for getting back up the steep long hill where I live. I bought the bike for exercise (Doctors orders) so I don't plan on using the motor extensively. (of course I may cheat a little once I get an ear shot away from the house where the wife can't hear me firing it up). Haven't received the engine yet but it should be here this week sometime. I look forward to the build-up/tinkering and interaction with you all!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard, beach cruiser!

Gosh! How did you luck out and manage to get that handle!
WOW!!!

What a stroke of luck, huh?

I spent a little bit of time in the great pacific northwest. I like it there, except for the wet.

If you can get time in between the rain! there should be some good riding... I ranged a little from up on the Key Penninsula over to Roy... hope you post a bunch of pics when you get your project going!

Best
rc

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Welcome BC,
That $160 Schwinn bike might hold up, the red 7-speed with rack and dual brakes I seen on-line is a handsome bike that's for sure.

You will have to relocate your rear shift selector to the left side of the handlebars to accommodate the throttle but since there is no clutch you can leave your independent brake levers intact.

Good luck with the build and again, welcome to the site ;-}

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

Back when, I left a camaro set in tacoma for abt 6 - 8 months...
condensation dripped from the overhead electrical service wires, onto the chevy and ate holes in the paint and began eating up the fenders!

Of course there were a wild variety of mushrooms growing on the seats when I went back to get it...

It is very dry here in SoCal.
We're just not used to that kind of humidity!

:)
rc

beach cruiser

Mar 13, 2012
Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Welcome BC,
That $160 Schwinn bike might hold up, the red 7-speed with rack and dual brakes I seen on-line is a handsome bike that's for sure.

You will have to relocate your rear shift selector to the left side of the handlebars to accommodate the throttle but since there is no clutch you can leave your independent brake levers intact.

Good luck with the build and again, welcome to the site ;-}
I thought so too when I saw it on-line...Then I recently "discovered" that people actually threw motor's on bicycles. If I knew then what I know now (which is very little) I would have went for a steel frame. But like i said I don't plan on extensive motoring. I will enjoy the tinkering tho. Thanks for the info regarding the relocation of the shifter!

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i think you will be doing more motoring then you plan.. i was a avid mountain biker before i motorized my bike.. i would ride miles a day. but once i put the motor one its all i wont to do.. it really is a blast.:)

plus to pedal my bike with the motor is a workout.. after a mile or two its almost to much. and im running a lighter 2 stroke.

i guess if you have gears on your bike it will make it easier.. good luck with your build. i hope it all goes well. and put up lots of pics. we love pics!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I thought so too when I saw it on-line...Then I recently "discovered" that people actually threw motor's on bicycles. If I knew then what I know now (which is very little) I would have went for a steel frame. But like i said I don't plan on extensive motoring. I will enjoy the tinkering tho. Thanks for the info regarding the relocation of the shifter!
Schwinn used to be a quality name before they were gobbled up by some Canidian (I think) conglomerate that also makes the other bikes Wally sells cheap like Huffy in China now.

You should not have a problem with installing the 4-stroke motor platform though. Whether or not the frame buckles at the front mount point if you hit a pothole at high speed or not is what remains to be seen.

Best of luck with it and be sure to post up some pics, we all like pics ;-}