GoldenMotor.com

Hawkeye

Sep 27, 2008
Kansas
I have had my motor bike for about 3 years now, I bought a kit from Kings Motor Bikes along with 2 of my buddies. I mounted the engine on a Walmart special bike to get me going, and after a few adjustments I was running smoothly... Well, maybe not quite so smoothly, because that bike was so cheap, when I would have the engine running at full throttle it would vibrate so much that I had to pucker up to be able to sit on the seat. It ran pretty good for 2 years, I was an occasional user, but then I busted up my elbow on my mountain bike when I was being stupid, and had to go through surgery and rehab, so it has been over a year since I have had it started last, so I am trying to get it started. I have figured out that my clutch is pretty greasy, and I just need to clean it good before I can get it running again. It is nice to have a forum like this to let me know that I am not alone in my adventures. I am also pretty excited, because today I am picking up a motorcycle so I can fix it up and ride to and from work, just another fun project.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome.

Drain out any old fuel (float chamber too) and shoot a little carb cleaner in the main jet and around the carb.
Mix up a new batch and put a couple drops down the spark plug hole.

Ride off into the sunset.

Hawkeye

Sep 27, 2008
Kansas
About half way between Salina and Wichita. I have taken care of the carb and checked the plug and have replaced the fuel. I just need to buy some brake cleaner and give my clutch a good cleaning.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site!. these motorized bicycles are fun and we are a unique group. glad to have you with us