heres a story for you

GoldenMotor.com

lilhudi

Aug 7, 2008
im not sure what kind of problems and drama you all have had but here is mine

i got my kit 1 month ago when i lived in nashville
i left the next day to move to chicago . when i got the bike (jaguar cruzer)
and my 49 cc engine together i was extatic.

my brother and i began to put it on.
the usual fabrication of parts and mounting brakets. ok

after getting it all on 2 hours ago after 8 hours of labor most of which resising the chain we were ready.

except for the electrical lots of little plugs and wires.

so we rode and rode it popping the clutch in and out nothing

after a little while i tweeked it

when i popped the clutch in and the engine reved it was the best fealing in the world. i guess i dont need to tell you guys that but it was.

so i rode 300 yards around my street and when i was almost home to give my bro a try the engine chain popped of and snagged on the wheel and the whole wheel crumpled ( i forgot to put the chain tentioner on
(all of the kits parts in tact)
i am going to go get a new wheel . while im not verry happy about the incident i can t be mad at all it was awsome.(^)

lilhudi

Aug 7, 2008
o and also any one in chicago (hyde park know where to get a new wheel)

thanks..

O and share your storie of the build of your bike.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
hey lilhudi, welcome aboard
the same thing happened when me and me bro built his bike
turned out the chain tensioner was not staying straight. we fixed that and made sure the sprocket was good and straight, and aligned with the motor sprocket. haven't had any problems with the chain since.
good luck and happy motoring

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I did that same thing several times. Finally i removed the tension and some links to make the motor chain fit the bike. Then I used the tensioner to tighten up the pedal chain since it is hardly ever used and I have not had a problem since.

scarchofi

Jul 15, 2008
Hey, this may not apply to your situation exactly, but have you checked the chain gap? That is, the slackness in the chain from the tensionor (tensioner? who knows the spelling ;)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If you're using a coaster brake, try using the chain tensioner on the bicycle chain instead. It will reduce drag and make your bike run smoother. I did this on my first bike and it worked great!