Help Help Decisions Decisions

GoldenMotor.com

Gary Rex

Jan 18, 2011
Im backpacking Australia
Hello peolpe.

My name is Gary I'm English and this is my first ever post and I thought if there's ever going to be a safe place to ask for advice it would be in a place like this.

I want to buy a motor kit and if you would be so kind as to tell me the most reliable, value for money and reccomended kit i should buy.

Few things first.....

Im in Victoria Australia.

I'm looking at this as a cheap form of transport to commute to work each day, 30 mins walk each way.

Im happy to settle for the rubbish under 200w law, because Im not going to register the bike and I've heard that if its over 200w it's not allowed on the road?

I get enough excersie from all the sports i play. I just want one of these because it will be great fun to build and ride.

Please give as much help, advice and input as to what engine to buy.
It will be greatly aprecited.

Last thing, i dont even have a frame yet.

Thank you, Gary.

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Hey. I speak English!
Welcome.

I've had great luck with my 48 GT2B Grubee Skyhawks. The price is right and they are loads of fun.

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Also..
Have you thought about an E-Bike? Sounds like it would be perfect for your commute.
If it takes you 30 minutes to walk to work, a little china girl won't even be warmed up if you are taking it to work. Stopping at work would be the major problem. Well... It would be for me.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You might look up Kim on the members list and his builds and he can also guide you on the rubbish power rules ,as he is just down the road a piece he should know

Gary Rex

Jan 18, 2011
Im backpacking Australia
Hello Jim thank you for your imput.

Im asuming your talking about Horse Power when you say 268 H.P. ?

Im asking for help on the subject so please elaborated and explain yourself.

Iv heard that restricted to 200w engines still go 30kph/20mph is this not true?

And does anybody know if (and where from) i can buy an engine that is already restricted, or do i have to pay for an engine then pay to get it resticted?