Pimped bike owners!!!

GoldenMotor.com

would you like to be in a music video?

• Total voters
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hello to all of you. You may remember me from the past. I'm the one always doing something crazy with his bike, like putting neon lights on it, building a stereo system, handle bar cup holders, the likes.

I have moved and no longer am able to work on bikes. I will still be building my bright red chopper with chrome engine over the winter, in my two bedroom apt. Lol. That will be brought out next spring. However, the reason I'm posting here is for good reason still, and is bike related, so hopefully this post doesn't get deleted.

Here's what's happening...

I am no longer doing Addicted Bicycles, instead, I'm doing Addicted Productions. I'm doing graphic design and video production.

I'm currently teamed with Break N Enter Records, Local to Toronto. What I would really love to do is get a bunch of you with VERY pimped bikes together, and incorporate the bicycle engine world into a music video. (Hip Hop)

i know the majority of you are all in other countries, or far too distant to be present here for a video shoot, so I have other options for you, if you want to be in the videos bad enough, that is.

You can get a bright, neon green sheet, from anywhere, as long as it's large, and very bright green. Record yourself on your bike, infront of the greenscreen, and "pretend" you're in the video... (Play the part) Maybe polish the bike, start it, do a burn out, turn on your lights, put a beautiful lady on your bike, whatever you like. Then you can upload the video file to Mediafire.com, where I can then download it.

Do I know how to greenscreen?

Check my latest video here... YouTube - ADDICTEDtelevision's Channel.

another option would just be to have someone record you riding your bike, zippin past, wheeliing, burnouts, or whatever you'd like. Then you can upload to Mediafire.com, and I can download. The options are not limited, as each individual video can likely be blended in a few different ways, and make all of you look like you're riding in a group, or line. Either way, who knows, might work out great!

So, for anyone wishing to get themselves and thier pimped bikes on a music video, there are your three options. Show up, (date and loc to be announced later) greenscreen or straight videotape yourselves.

Not all video entries will be used. A release form will need to be signed by you. To keep everything legal. No payment except being in the video and showcasing your bikes will be offered.

Just an offer I figured a few of you may actually be interested in.

Thank you for your time.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm trying to picture some of the guys here in your video, dancing around, doing burnouts, etc. Tell you what. If Buzzard and Elmo, 2 door and Curtis Fox, BarelyAwake and Fasteddy will then I might consider it. This would be like a musical comedy, right? I think it would be nice to see all the moderators and Paul, too. Cool.
SB

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Not sure about the double posts. I only get one email notification of your post. Hmmm. Weird.

As for it being a comedy video, probably not. Lol. I was thinking more just presence, riding, with pimped out motorbicycles. Not so much dancing. lol. Although that would likely be a blast. (Perhaps we can get a side movie goin on?)

As for the "realness" of this "idea"...
It's just an idea for now. But I would like to see how many people would actually do videos and send them in, or, how many people would show up for the group ride/filming. I know it would take a small miracle for it to actually happen, but hey, I know this community, I'm one of you. Lol. I've spent hours here, I know the dedication and "brotherhood" that comes with riding a motorized bicycle, and getting knowledge and advice from here.

(my hat's off to all of you)

I just want people to actually consider this. Ponder on it, think about the actual possibilities.

First, the motorized bicycle world will be making a move towards growth and popularity, being on tv (hopefully) in a group, showing that riding a bike can be more than a hobby, it can in some cases replace cars, and cut down on pollution and traffic, as well as human gas consumption. It would perhaps be a chance to make a small statement.

Second. I would do everything possible to advertise the video shoot, getting as many "extras" to show up, perhaps run a food drive/BBQ/Bike Show/Video shoot. Possibly gaining media attention, drawing notice to the bikes, the riders, the band, the video, and of course, my company.

Third. How often does someone have the opportunity to do something like this? Wouldn't it be fun? Even if you don't like hip hop. Even if you had to go through some stress to film you're own video, and figure out how to upload it so I can get it, wouldn't it be kinda cool to see yourself/your bike integrated into a music video? Even if the video only makes it to Youtube, think of the people who would see the video. Every extra would want to see themselves in it. Showing their friends in pride. Every one of you riders would obviously see it, but think how many people are in the MB world. Think how many would want to watch a music video with a bunch of Motorbicycles in it! That's just a start. I could go on forever on how more people would see the video. What if it was a successful charity event? Sponsored? What if it was HUGE, and ended up on the news? That's pretty much a dream, but if you don't dream, what's the point?

So anyways, like I said, just an idea, and if there's enough response on this, I can make this idea a true reality. Anyone who remembers me from here knows that I'm obsessed with my ideas when they're good. Lol. That's why I'm ADDICTED!

Lets see how much actual interest comes into this, and go from there.

Thanks guys.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Also, if this is to happen, it will take a long time, as it's winter here, so a local video shoot is pretty much out of the question. I'm organizing now for sometime in the spring or early summer, so hopefully we can all get video shots of close to the same seasons.

I'm also thinking, if there's enough response to this and it actually starts to take shape, I will tell Break N Enter to write a specific song for the video. Who knows where that could go. Lol.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I'm doing my best to get them noticed Mind_Reader7. Their music is amazing, the talent in that band is ridiculous. Lol. I actually tried out for a bass position, and just couldn't handle it in the end. Soooo fast! Lol. I'm more of a slap bass groovy kinda guy, not so much into using a pick. BUT, you're right, they should be famous already. :)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Yes, I do indeed remember you. By my count this is the third time you have been here trying to peddle some scheme that we do the work and you benefit.
Wish you would add something to this forum other than another load of BS.

Steve.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Wow, that was a little harsh.

You do the work, and I benefit?

Perhaps you don't understand what it really takes to make a music video.
Would you be organizing the video shoot? Would you be scouting and organizing the extras? Would you be writing the script for the video? Would you be organizing anything?

Would you not benefit? I'm offering an oppourtunity to show off your bikes to many other people, other than the people here, who all also have bikes. What's wrong with expanding your horizons?

All any of you would need to do, is film yourselves, and upload it, or, simply show up, and ride your bike. Doesn't sound like a slave scheme to get me rich. Lol. I don't even get paid right now. I am doing everything I've been doing for these bands to help them succeed, which will help me succeed. I need to establish a portfolio, and a reputation. You can't just charge a bunch of money, with no credit behind you. That's how business works.

I'm sorry if my past plans didn't work out, yes, I tried to organize a group ride/bike show, for CHARITY. Meaning no profit to me, in fact, I would have had to spend about $6000 out of my own pocket to actually do what I wanted, and to make all of you comfortable with food, areas to camp, portable toilets, and so on and so on.

Fast Eddy, I'm sorry you're so agravated, this was only an idea, as was the other attempts at UNITING YOU ALL TO DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL.

If you don't want to do it, then don't. That simple. I've given a choice here. Obviously we know yours, and thank you for putting me down in the process. No worries though, I have a vision, a dream, and I'll follow it. I don't care really if you don't like it.

Normally, I would just ignore your comment. However, you obviously don't understand that I came back to this website to share what I'm doing now, thought I had some friends here, and hopefully give my "friends" a chance to show off their bikes, because I know what it's like having one of these bikes. You love the attention. So, no disrespect Fast Eddy, you're entitled to your opinion, but do you need to be so rude? Have I ever dis-respected you like that? I don't deserve that, so I'm defending myself.

So we know Fast eddy won't be taking part.

Anyone else wanna banter me?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm not being rude Pard. I'm pointing out facts. Yep, the charity ride started out great then you have a a trailer full of facts after your name and one of them was you were President.
Since you aren't head of a country as far as I know then you must be President of a company. Then you were selling clothes linked to the charity ride. It sure sounded like you were in the clothing business to me.
Got a plan? Bring it here when it is solid, not some pie in the sky dream.

Steve

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Yes, I had "President" after my name, because I was trying to organize Charity Riders United. That didn't work out however, because the complications involved in making something like that a reality worldwide, would have taken some serious effort on everyone's part, as legally, it would have to be a registered charity in order to do ANYTHING recieving donations from the public. That would mean anyone involved would have to be registered, which was a lot of paperwork, that I knew none of you would do. Good idea, but too far from my reach. Why did I call myself "president?" Because it was my idea, my organization, my dream. As for the clothing, that was to help fund the events, not for personal profit. I am still trying to do a clothing company, it's harder than one may think. It takes a lot of investment money, as well as a lot of risk for failure. A risk I'm not financially ready to make.

This is a public forum, not a professional, state only facts, be real or be gone website. I'm pretty sure there's millions of "what if's" all over this website. Freedom of speech, and I don't really see how my "IDEA" differs any.

I just want to say, whether or not you meant to be rude, calling my ideas and ventures BS offends me, as ideas are what drives the world further ahead, I feel like this was an uncalled for judgement. Just saying, there's a poll at the top of the page, you could have just clicked no.

My mother taught me, when I was young, that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Anyways, I'm done defending myself. Ideas are not illegal. I have millions of ideas. So do you, and you, and you. All of you. So if you don't like this idea, the "no" button is up top, in the poll. Moving on.....

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
WORLD WIDE??? You were going to put on a simple bike meet in Ontario. How in Heavens name did that go world wide and what made you think you were qualified to do that?
Yes there are a lot of what if's and dreams on this sight and if they are to far fetched they are told so. Sorry if telling you that in "MY" opinion that your full of BS then you better get a thicker skin because the music industry will eat you alive and sh*t you out. I have friends involved in it.

Yes, my Mother told me the same thing. Moms do that. Mine will be 99 on the 22nd of the month and still feels it necessary to tell me when I'm wrong. All to often I might add.

My Dad, a hard nosed businessman, told me that if you have a plan be darned sure that there aren't any holes in it. Trust me, it took a lot of tries on my part to float a lot of leakers before I full grasped the benefit of a business plan that no one could take apart.

Before I retired I ran businesses from the age of ten when I had a paper route to when I retired managing a small buisiness doing close to a million gross a year with a strong profit margin.

Now your going to help a band grow bigger. I really hope it works out but if you don't have connection or the band has so much talent they are the next Beatles you will need more than luck. Make sure you have an iron clad contract with the Group. If you don't and they make it, there is a good chance you will be standing on the outside when they make it and they won't be able to spell your name. Just my opinion.

Steve.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Agreed, you're right. My apologies.

I have a lot of dreams. Ideas. Big and small. Sometimes my imagination wanders. That's a huge part of my wierd personality. I know what I'm doing. I'm assuming you do to.

Just an idea. IF there is enough positive response, I MAY be able to organize something. As I said before.

Just curious what reaction people would have, and if it would be possible. How can I make a concrete plan to present to you if I don't know how many of you would even do it?

Sorry for all the bantering back and forth, I admit defeat. Case closed. On with the subject of this thread.

Would you take part in a music video involving hip hop and motorbicycles.

yes/no.

Thank you.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Music vid? That's a definite maybe.

Music vid that's hip hop? Not in a million years! I can't stand that crap and would never support anything to do with it! That's my stand on the issue.

Now, as far as putting the effort in and producing our end of it, what kind of incentive is offered? For one thing, you'll cut out the crappy vids and only use what's closer to marketable perfectionism. Therefore, it will take some real work for those of us that aren't styled in topnotch video production.

Assuming this video will make someone a profit from this, who collects and what do we get out of it?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
You Sir, have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You had a dream and you ran with it. Like I have done, it was too big a dream and the run was way too long. No winners and no losers at all. I've done it too many times my self.

If I may this is what I would do.

Find a campground that would have room in late July to host a number of us with our bikes. Not to far from you if possible. That gives people a chance to plan even if they are coming up from the US to be part of it.
Set up an area that you can do your video work. This may dictate which camp ground you use but you, as the videotographer, know what you want. Need small town street scenes that will qualifiy the area too. Tell the cops and mayor what you are doing. They can be a major help or a real problem.

Set up to let people know in late Feb. or early March what is up and keep everyone informed as to where you are in the plan. Early May I'd send out info packs to anyone interested enough to contact your web site. Probably be most of us from Canada. I'd come in from BC to be part of the meet but can't nail a date. That"s why I said late July so most of us can take late or early vacation time. Not many if any can give you a firm yes right now. Get your plan firmed up.
When ever the camp ground wants a firm count of how many you will know to cut it off then. May want to leave the door open for late comers.

Get a price and either you get a down payment for the campground or better still the people contact the campground directly which is easier on your nerves and the campground owners are set up for it. You will be busier than a guy dodging rain drops as it is. Some folks will want a motel/hotel so you will need to talk to someone there. Ask if they will give a discount but being summer that's iffy.

Get the group involved. It's them your trying to market. Where are they comfortable.

Having done this before that is how I would do it. Keep it and you relaxed. You'll be happy and the whole program will be smooth. PM me if you want more of my thoughts.

Steve.

Last edited: