Well, Hello!

GoldenMotor.com

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California
Hi all, I stumbled on your forum here looking for disc brake setup for my cruiser trike moped low-rider rat rod. I really need a shorter name - lol but thats a question for a different area i'm sure.

Anyways it look like I need to go search around a bit but I wanted to stop in 1st thing and say hi and tell ya about my project.

HI! (^)
I sold my car and decided to come up with a less costly way to buzz around town. So obviously I thought Trike right? Who's with me, High 5 !!

I came across a motorized trike with a very weak 2-stroke motor that had been used, abused and put away wet.

I fell in love with it, Drove 6 hrs round trip to pick it up and paid too much but came home with it anyway.

Ripped off the gas engine, cleaned up the backyard builders weld splatter, tuned up the gearset, chain and most importantly fixed a positive trail problem.

Overall I plan to install electric motor/s and install a chariot style rear end for my dog to tag along and maybe even carry groceries. :)

So now I am searching for just the right electric setup, I am off to go look but I'm sure you will be hearing from me again!

Here is my Picasa webs / Google+ images site, enjoy!
https://picasaweb.google.com/114640...authkey=Gv1sRgCKbEkZHS64GxsQE&feat=directlink

Vince .trk

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum vince. i have to say i like the long name and i really like the bike, unique and looks like a lot of fun. looking forward to seeing progress on it. from the video looks like steering will be challenging. great to have you with us

vsavoldi

Jul 24, 2012
Monterey Bay California
Yep, steering is going to be quite the challenge. I have not decided on the best tactic yet.
I will be posting a thread in the trike area with my ideas and to ask suggestions.
maybe tonight...

happy cycling!usflg