Won't Start

GoldenMotor.com

oldsurfer

May 21, 2010
thousand oaks,,,ca
i had my 66 cc bike all done and was running fine got it home and noticed the green ground wire was lose..secured it to the front motor mount bolt ....the damn thing will not fire up....there are only 3 wires to look at the black and blue...as i rember..these 2 come from the magneto and go to the cdi...then there is the ground wire and the kill switch wire...all appear good connections....is the ground wire not in a good place were i have it?..what is the problem....is seems no spark.....help!!!!!!laff

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
where is the white wire from mag...first disconnect the green wire you put on the frame.now see if it starts...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Disconnect both wires that lead to it, keep the mag to cdi wires connected though.
Also make sure that the darned sparkplug cap is still attached to the spark plug wire if you are running the stock set up.
The next cheapest thing is to replace the spark plug with a NGK B6HS or B7HS (gap to .025"), and if that don't work,install a quality spark plug wire. You can use a coil to distributor wire from a car, or any used known good wire that has a 90 degree boot on one end.

oldsurfer

May 21, 2010
thousand oaks,,,ca
got it running..sprayed dw40 in the carb and put the choke on....fired right up...question...the motor surges until it gets up to speed is this typical of 2strokes?