Down and Dirty cable end

GoldenMotor.com

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Yer "down and dirty" cable end is great - but I wanted to say I have that exact same 'Dremel Stylus' and I've beat the snot outa it for over three years now - it's only just starting to squeak a lil.

Maybe cause I've had smoke pouring out of it a few times now? Naw... couldn't be the abuse I've put it through lol

I too find I use it alla time instead of a hacksaw or w/e - it is an AWESOME toy, prolly couldn't have built my bike w/o it :D
My rotary tool is called a Job mate however I have over 200.00 worth of Dremol attachments for it.When I bought it I thought I'd only be using it once or twice but ended up using it 9 times alreadycvlt1

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Hi Norman, Nice plane is that a KR-2? I'm an aviation nut myself. I recently earned my A&P and once I find regular aircraft maint. work I plan to finish my pilot's license.

I also saw on your site "how to make a headlight", about a month ago I made one EXACTLY like that. It kind of blew my mind a little to see it on your site. :oops:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Yeeeee haaaaa I just finished making Norms cable end and it is beeeeuuuutiful.My tap hole is a little off center but still works great! It just so happens that I already had set screws just the right size.Was taught how to tap over 30 years ago. Here is a tip that is importent;once you get the tap cutting,-for every 1/4 turn,go one turn back so fillings dont build up and turn theading action to mush.and oh yes dont forget the cutting oil. Rigid nu-clear thread cutting oil is the best[mineral oil]

r

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I made that today; but I drilled 1/16 cable hole since my cable is 3/64. 5/64 is a little big-worried that set screw wont grab it all. cable end that fits my throttle is 7/32 so after i was done i ground 1/4" dowm to 7/32 thanks again norm im gonna make some more before i put my tools away...............maybe

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I just stumbled across all this your making me blush!
Poor ol Rufus lost his brother back on 7-7-09. Rufus is now slowing down he is 18 so I don't know
how long he's going to be around to help, I hope for a lot longer as he's over seeing me type this right now.
Good to hear that my screwing around is helping out. You know whats funny is I was told at work
before I retired that I didn't/wouldn't help people by my boss( big friggin worm) in a performance review, my response to that was well let me say it was sort of like this BULL SHIRT.

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
Nice work Norman .I carry around a pop rivet with the nail punched out for the inevitable throttle cable end coming off at the carb end. I just crimp it on the end till I get home to silver solder it.