After Market Gas Tanks

GoldenMotor.com

MadHatter

Jun 22, 2009
WA
I am looking for after market gas tanks for future builds. The one that is coming with the kit I am getting will not look right on the bike I am using. So I hoping that I could get some help from every one. Please post your ideas on building gas tanks, adapting something to use as a gas tank and links to aftermarket gas tanks.

thanks, for your time, ideas and links.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
What kinda bike? What is the look you want to achieve? I have an occ chopper and I'm looking to buy an early eighties Honda small street bike tank ( Has a bubbly look, and stradles the main bar) But if you answer those questions you'll probably get a lot of advice from the peeps here there are some real masters on this forum.

Last edited:

MadHatter

Jun 22, 2009
WA
right now I have a Huffy 26" Cruiser. I would like to either buy or make tank that fits under the top bar. Also I have 3 more bikes designed up and would like to see other tank designs. I am already hooked and I havn't even got my first one together yet. I am still waiting on my first engine.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
There are several threads on building tanks. Mocking them up with foam and fiberglass etc. If you do a search on ebay there are alot of new and used tanks but some are expensive. You'll find some great chopper type tanks if you search for "peanut tank" it just depends on how much you want to spend.