newbie from washington state

GoldenMotor.com

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
i just finished my bike and have clocked few miles till the weather got too wet.
bike 1.jpg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. For your first attempt you've done well. Congratulations on a nice looking motorized bicycle. We're glad you've joined us here.
If we can help with any problems you might have just let us know. That's why we're here.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
Thank you guys for the thumbs up on my creation! it all started because i was too lazy to walk the 1/4 mile to check the mail! I've lurked on here for a while and gleaned ideas that resulted in what you see. i plan eventually to commute to work occasionally when the weather gets a lot drier.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, and I thought I was skinny. :)

It is a good looking bike and you must be proud. Lots of bike commuters here and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too. What part of the country is your yard in? Getting colder here too and I'm not happy about it.

Maybe tell us a little about that headlight. Looks interesting.

Tom

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
i live up near montesano near the coast. as for the headlight is a old off road
fog light with the glass lens removed and a cree 6t led 1,200 lm flashlight inserted. i might cut some plexi glass to make a lens for it. as for the speed
i have attained 31mph at a few spots but im not too interested in going any faster for now. besides whats all the power worth if you cant control it of stop
properly. the bike has a front drum brake a coaster brake and i put a rear rim brake for good measure..duh.

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
yup the fuel is stored in the upper part of the frame it holds just a little over a gallon.

langolier

Jul 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Nice Job ! Very nice "clean" built bike. Also like the colors. What type of drive is that a Dax? I see you didn't have to widen the peds. Am debating on going 2 or 4 stroke on my next build and was looking at the 4 cycle drive that Dax has. Nice build. Enjoy

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
The motor and drive are from a 49cc Flying Horse 5G Pull Start kit.i tossed the stock air cleaner box and used a free flow filter. plus i used the little muffler from the kit and made my own header then put heat wrap on it to finish off the look. and yes i did have to widen the crank to accommodate the wider 4 stroke.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Nice! Kool head light. What frame is that? Looks good with color choices. I've got over 1100 miles on my lil hs142 stock,just header pipe, still runnin good.

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
its a phantom bike frame with a full springer front end. the bike rolls like its
all most floating, im still leaning on the idea of putting the seat back a couple more inchs ...when leaning forward i feel like i am too close handlebars.

langolier

Jul 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Had mine setup first as a board tracker look till I started to ride it more. Ended up flipping the handlebars up, Bought a new seat (close to what you have) and raised it a little. Not as kool looking but still has the old school look and is much more comfortable to ride (bout 250mi so far). These things generate a lot of looks and comments. Anyway ... nice build. Enjoy

madpiper

Oct 26, 2015
Nice color choices on your ride!!
i agree that the board track racer is a interesting old school look but far from practical if going a good distance, alot of weight is put on the shoulders and wrists. I still haven't got to the practical aspect yet. but im sure i'll end up going for a more up right riding stance.