I'm Motorbicycle Rider in Toronto

GoldenMotor.com

handel.barz

Jan 27, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hello Motorbicyclists,
I just discovered this group. I built my own kit in 2004. I used parts from a snowthrower and even a kill engine switch made from my polaroid camera. I've been riding my creation on and off since I built it. Right now it's on the patio under a tarp covered in snow. I used a rubber transfer wheel from the engine to rear tire. I'm on my fifth transfer wheel so far. I use a 5 hp Tecumseh engine with a side shaft. I've had lots of good comments from pedestrians whom I enjoy talking with about my motorbicycle since I added a very quiet muffler to the engine. I hope all the rest of you are having lots of enjoyable motoring with yours too. - John

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum John, glad you joined us.

Nice ride, I feel for you...I get to ride all year long and yes I am enjoying my MB. I too get stopped a lot from people who who want to know more about my MB.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
That is cool that you adaped and made your bike. These things bring out the inventor in us. Welcome to the forum

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Being from Toronto, I have one question for you.
Where do you ride that thing without being arrested?
I remember being bothered by "Torontos finest" with my electric bike
in a Church parking lot!

handel.barz

Jan 27, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
That's what got you "bothered" by Toronto's finest. You were on private property. You didn't treat it as a mode of transportation. If you had been riding on a residential street obeying the rules of the road you probably wouldn't have been stopped. Riding on sidewalks, or "playing" in parking lots always brings attention. Many rc plane people, or pocket bike riders, or go-cart riders try to use sidewalks and parking lots to ride in. Not a good idea.
I purposefully ride my motorbicycle in a manner that doesn't cause discomfort to pedestrians or private property owners. Drive at a safe speed, on the side of the road and use a quiet engine. (electric is good). Stay out of high volume traffic roads and don't get into situations where you are a danger to motorists.
I often see go-carts and pocket bikes "screaming up the roads" just asking for trouble. They can't be seen by pedistrians, cars, and they make way too much noise.