Anyone recognize this handlebar?

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I'm trying to track down a handlebar that has no rise with a fairly wide, straight front section but sweeps about 65°-80°, The nearest I have seen to what I want is on Phantom Bikes Harley-inspired build:

Anyone know where i can find one in that neighborhood?

Gideon_459

Jun 2, 2014
Texas
I've been looking for something similar, and the closest I have found so far is the VeloORANGE Belleville handlebar.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
This is a similar style to some early Harley board track racing handlebars. I am making a few sets. They will be 7/8" throughout, including the clamp area, as I don't have a way to swedge the center area to 1". I'll post a picture once I get them.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I've been looking for something similar, and the closest I have found so far is the VeloORANGE Belleville handlebar.
Yeah, the Belleville bars from VeloOrange are essentially the exact geometry I'm looking for, the problem with them is that they are VERY narrow. Too skinny for my taste. I've been scouring the internets and so far I still haven't found a decent match.

Sportscarpat, 7/8" overall isn't a problem as I'm sure you know, there are plenty of BMX stems that size (22.2mm) out there, and shims are widely available for 22.2 to 25.4mm from the usual suspects like Wheels Manufactuing and Problem Solvers. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and I hope I can afford them when you offer them :)

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Yeah, I had a set of those Velo bars and didn't like them. Don't have them anymore. The ones I am making up will be about 22" wide once cut where I like them. I start by leaving the bar ends long then cutting at the width I feel confortable with. I am not a fan of shims at all. I just can't seem to get completely reliable performance out of them, even good quality steel shims made for motorcycle handlebars. Better to just get the matching stem for the bar diameter.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here is what I have so far. Simple and effective. Drop low for true boardie style, or raise them up for comfortable cruising. 7/8" throughout, .120" DOM steel, and a knurled center section. If you can't find what you want then just make them!

Keystone Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr