Introducing my new build

GoldenMotor.com

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I haven’t given her a name yet, and still have a lot of work to do, but with the pics you
should be able to see what I’m doing, right now I’m wearing it in and let me be very clear
I’M NOT BREAKING ANYTHING I never understood the term breaking it in. I hate that term LOL
It’s a nel lusso with a 48cc/66cc (wink wink) , a 1.2 gallon whizzer tank, and a sprocket adapter.
I now have about 70 miles on it, conditioning it, waiting for the rings to seat and the clutch
Pads to wear in.
Right now and off the bat I could hit 20 mph and day by day it seems to be getting stronger
After riding it and then going back to my 49cc the vibes seem about the same, my butt tingles
A little after a ride, and I got about a quarter of a gallon left after 70 miles.
You can see what I did to prep the engine here
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=48091
More photos to come as I finish it off.
Any questions?

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Lookin' good, DR. Has any body ever built a motorized bike that could make it to Tortilla Flats? It gets pretty hilly on the way.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Lookin' good, DR. Has any body ever built a motorized bike that could make it to Tortilla Flats? It gets pretty hilly on the way.
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I live about 20 miles from TF and this will make it there or die along the way
that's why I put a 48 tooth sprocket on it, I miss the lake! can't wait for spring.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Nice lines on the exhaust, very smooth looking. I like it.
Thanks FM and maniac. It's been 30 years since my conduit bending days.
took me 3 tries to get it right, thank goodness emt is cheap.

I also have to get my flush mount turn signals and headlight, I already have
a 10ah battery and it will all fit in toolbox.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Nice looking bike DR, that should be a real pleasure to cruise on at moderate speed and a beast on the inclines with that 48T sprocket.

Best wishes and happy safe riding.

map

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I must say I was surprised when no one noticed or commented on the fact
that on my 66cc the clutch cover was clearly engraved 48cc LOL

More to come when the work gets finished.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I must say I was surprised when no one noticed or commented on the fact
that on my 66cc the clutch cover was clearly engraved 48cc LOL

More to come when the work gets finished.
It didnt go unnoticed, I just figured if you wanted it mentioned you'd do the mentioning, sure be glad when the weather gets better around these parts and I get some loose ends tied up so I can do a bit of bike riding on all of my two wheelers from the Huffy all the way up to the Harley.....
Just been working and doing a bit of plinking with my air rifles here lately when the weather has been bad and then on the good days I been working on my workshop, it is really coming along and Im getting real happy about that, Ill hwve a nice place to work on my bikes and other hobbies when I get it done finally.

Peace, map
.wee.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Dr i love the build...love the knobbys on a cruiser too...
My concern is the exhaust flange being right in the line of fire and impeding your air cooling

Im diggin that tool kit...try cabinet liner...the rubbery kind...bet youll enjoy the minimalization of tool vibe noise...

I might be able to get my hands on a cateye turn signal set from a puch moped...runs on a 6 v battery pack and only requires a trickle charge to maintain battery life.

Think it would be darn neat on a build...

Pm me if the cateyes would strike ya...

Nice build

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
It didnt go unnoticed, I just figured if you wanted it mentioned you'd do the mentioning, sure be glad when the weather gets better around these parts and I get some loose ends tied up so I can do a bit of bike riding on all of my two wheelers from the Huffy all the way up to the Harley.....
Just been working and doing a bit of plinking with my air rifles here lately when the weather has been bad and then on the good days I been working on my workshop, it is really coming along and Im getting real happy about that, Ill hwve a nice place to work on my bikes and other hobbies when I get it done finally.

Peace, map
.wee.
hope the shop is completed swiftly
myself I'm still working in the house
had my first problem today the petcock threads weren't great
and the teflon tape melted leaving gas all over the floor
what a stinky mess LOL
just bought what I wanted anyway, the old style with a sediment bowl
nice retro look

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Dr i love the build...love the knobbys on a cruiser too...
My concern is the exhaust flange being right in the line of fire and impeding your air cooling

Im diggin that tool kit...try cabinet liner...the rubbery kind...bet youll enjoy the minimalization of tool vibe noise...

I might be able to get my hands on a cateye turn signal set from a puch moped...runs on a 6 v battery pack and only requires a trickle charge to maintain battery life.

Think it would be darn neat on a build...

Pm me if the cateyes would strike ya...

Nice build

Thanks for the offer, I'm looking at these right now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170535506065?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

will keep it flush mounted
as far as the exhaust this pipe is only for break in then
I'll go to 3/4 emt and do a nicer job on flange I'm not completely
happy with the welds but I hear what you are saying
thanks for input
Oh and toolbox is mostly for lights and battery if I'm lucky I'll have just enough room
for my tool pouch.

Last edited: