Buba's World

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi mike

not intended to start some sort of challenge
just was interested to see if forum participants were interested in such things

if so --there could be all kinds of criteria such as cost of parts??
paint job competition
wheels of a certain size or engine or ???

that said ---there does not seem to be any interest

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hi mike

not intended to start some sort of challenge
just was interested to see if forum participants were interested in such things

if so --there could be all kinds of criteria such as cost of parts??
paint job competition
wheels of a certain size or engine or ???

that said ---there does not seem to be any interest
When you bought those 3 or 4 truckloads of bikes and filled your front and back yard up with bikes, I took that as a challenge. Get your welder out and get ready to weld BUBA! LOL

I no longer have a bike so I gotta make a new one!

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi mike

having just gotten back stateside am doing the jet lag time adjust 9 hours - spent 3 hours at dmv - car and truck are legal
my wife"s mom has a surprise visit planned for next week should be 2 weeks?

yes i am eager to chop and weld although i need a gas tank for the used hobart though i must admit-- some of the bloom is off the rose

starting taking pictures in belgium of things i thought may be of interest and then thought --
who really cares so???? fact is i am not a showy guy so attracting attention is not my thing

this motorized bicycle thing seems to have become small motorcycle under the dmv radar so why not just buy or set about building a motorcycle although riding around solo just ain"t that interesting to me -- rather hang with my family so sorting it out and getting focused we will see what happens

i am sure you will do a great job with your build
best always

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hi mike

having just gotten back stateside am doing the jet lag time adjust 9 hours - spent 3 hours at dmv - car and truck are legal
my wife"s mom has a surprise visit planned for next week should be 2 weeks?

yes i am eager to chop and weld although i need a gas tank for the used hobart though i must admit-- some of the bloom is off the rose
this motorized bicycle thing seems to have become small motorcycle under the dmv radar so why not just buy or set about building a motorcycle although riding around solo just ain"t that interesting to me -- rather hang with my family so sorting it out and getting focused we will see what happens

i am sure you will do a great job with your build
best always
NHTSA and DOT regulations to build your own motorcycle, ongoing insurance and registration fees are a few reasons why I choose not to build a full blown motorcycle. Although mine will have motorcycle tires, rims, seat, and brake light, everything else fall under the "bicycle" category including the frame.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
i hear that mike
i am just trying to get over my wife"s sick of my stuff/"junk" blues and then i
am sure i will be back on the case -- blasting out some frames single handed in a very small space two by three foot welding table without a jig was truly satisfying
there is truly a difference between welding exercises and welding tubing and tight angled joints when it comes to frame chop and fabrication -where there is a will there is a way

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
speaking of welding
it has become quite clear why the small intimate close up torch pistol of a tig welder makes for such clean welds when it comes to chop and weld

it is really high temperature close in brazing

i remember sportsman pat having mentioned using a car engine stand so he could get his tig into all the bends and crevices

for me i will work with what i have and do the if in doubt grind it out thing to clean up as best i can

watching a lot of youtube motorcycle build offs-- arlen really has the stuff and
i so appreciate billy lane and his old school approach --though the guy from amen chassis works sure has the techno equipment stuff to do some clean mean builds

any LA guys going to the long beach veteran stadium motorcycle/bike swap meet tomorrow???--see ya

ride safe

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I think it also has as much to do with the thickness and metal type of the tube being welded as the process used to weld it itself.

Buba you don't need to collect one more bike part. You have enough bikes to supply a small 3rd world army. Slice and dice what you have right now. Benihana Buba! LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Well it is about time--for me -- got a little breathing room and well--

Miked826 has got my blood boiling/inspired
I spent a few hours chopping and now if someone we all know and love would return over three weeks of private messages and facebook number calls and follow up with me so I can bend some one / one and a half inch tubing ---I may be able to get a bunch more interesting projects all honda fourstroked up and running.

it is good to be burning up some disks

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Well it is about time--for me -- got a little breathing room and well--

Miked826 has got my blood boiling/inspired
I spent a few hours chopping and now if someone we all know and love would return over three weeks of private messages and facebook number calls and follow up with me so I can bend some one / one and a half inch tubing ---I may be able to get a bunch more interesting projects all honda fourstroked up and running.

it is good to be burning up some disks
While you're grinding away to your hearts content, if you smell something burning, don't just ignore it and continue grinding away like I did. I sent so many sparks to my jeans that they caught on fire with me in them. I almost set my junk on fire, which would have not been a good thing. Luckily my pants pocket saved me from melting my junk. LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hay Mike
glad you did not self incinerate I too have burnt a few holes in some fleece over shirts/sweat shirts
gota watch them sparks for sure

By the way -- factor in the moped/motorized bicycle license plate in LA
I just learned the po-po pulled a large size group of riders a few weeks ago at imperial and crenshaw -- they did not confiscate but are getting ready to.
Dot helmet, Moped/motorized bicycle license plate, a must along with rear view mirrors, headlight, brake light, and horn -no loud pipes no reckless driving!!!

it was only a matter of time and that time has come----

ride safe

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hay Mike
glad you did not self incinerate I too have burnt a few holes in some fleece over shirts/sweat shirts
gota watch them sparks for sure

By the way -- factor in the moped/motorized bicycle license plate in LA
I just learned the po-po pulled a large size group of riders a few weeks ago at imperial and crenshaw -- they did not confiscate but are getting ready to.
Dot helmet, Moped/motorized bicycle license plate, a must along with rear view mirrors, headlight, brake light, and horn -no loud pipes no reckless driving!!!

it was only a matter of time and that time has come----

ride safe
My machine will have working turn signals and brake lights along with all the other legal niceties including a 7" headlight. From the direct front or back it will look like any other custom made motorcycle. I will have the most legal motorized bicycle in the history of motorized bicycles. I fear no Po-Po. LOL :)

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
lookín good mike -- great bits and pieces

i might get some tubes bent saturday, rather than my usual find it -cut it- use it approach

still hard to reconcile the motorized bicycle thing when I can buy some great motorcycles for seemingly cheap but you know i want to see if my buba world stuff makes any sense/works!!??

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
lookín good mike -- great bits and pieces

i might get some tubes bent saturday, rather than my usual find it -cut it- use it approach

still hard to reconcile the motorized bicycle thing when I can buy some great motorcycles for seemingly cheap but you know i want to see if my buba world stuff makes any sense/works!!??
Actually my new bike will cost me much less than a Honda Ruckus and it will embarrass it in speed and looks. It will never need insurance or recurring DMV fees. The Ruckus is wildly popular amongst young-lings. I'm about to make it a little less popular. dance1.flg.usflg

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I fully support what you got going Mike and I will be there soon I hope..

i am just talking a 88 honda 1000cc sounds strong for $500.00
and a kawasaki kz900 sort of cafe racer style for the same$$ --
a few ninjas for about $1000

got some tubes laid outside in the front yard -strong and stout
but some tube bending should lend itself to some ready and able to take what you want - frames

not the find it -use it approach
my best scrap yards -same owner -are all closed- maybe court ordered -probably the owner was not paying his taxes or something like that
all the other yards are painfully slow in business -- where is all the scrap in Los Angeles????
I think too many businesses have left the state!!!

to difficult and the politicos just do not have any smart ideas/solutions to encourage and assist businesses to start here or develop here ---too many hurdles and just plain old s--t to deal with

as for my projects as you once said --apocalyptic/post apocalyptic --I hope so
I like the style and my life is just too -something- to have a really slickly painted -powder coated or polished anything

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Anybody can buy a 26+ year old 900cc motorcycle for cheap but who really wants to dive into that maintenance nightmare? You have no idea how expensive motorcycle parts are in comparison. It's insanity. Then you still have insurance plus yearly DMV fees which go on forever.

49cc 2013 Honda Ruckus = $2800

You can't get a decent, brand name motorcycle NEW for cheap no matter how hard you try, if the bottom of the bucket 49cc Ruckus is $2800.

No business hurdles to overcome in China cause anything goes over there. They love you long time in China.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I hear you mike--that is why I am going on headlong with a few of my projects just hope the po-po don't get ridiculously difficult!!!!

you know they hold the power- right or wrong- in Los Angeles - cross that line -
talk back - simply defend your position or describe what actually may or may not have taken place and you can end up dead!!!!!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I hear you mike--that is why I am going on headlong with a few of my projects just hope the po-po don't get ridiculously difficult!!!!

you know they hold the power- right or wrong- in Los Angeles - cross that line -
talk back - simply defend your position or describe what actually may or may not have taken place and you can end up dead!!!!!
Actually Sacramento holds all the power. The Po-Po can only enforce what is already written. The Po-Po can't make up the law on the fly.

You gotta admit though those Crenshaw guys are crazy the way they ride. Some have helmets, some don't. Some have lights, some don't. Some obey bike laws, some don't. None of them have plates. The only constant with them is that they all ride smokers and sound like chainsaws going down the road. They just don't care about the legalities of riding a motorized bicycle. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You are right.... Hate to be the one to agree... But it kills us vs them...
I can make my bike as street legal and quiet as I humanly can and obey every traffic law on the books and it won't mean squat unless everybody else does the same. It sucks but I can only do what I can do and hope the Crenshaw rebels figure it out one day.

If you can't keep up with the flow of traffic then you should be riding in the gutter. They don't seem to understand that for some reason. LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
You guys are right
maybe those following the thread who work with and know the guys better than me
can make some strong suggestions
I think the police confiscation possibility will most likely have all riders seeking to obey the laws ride safely and quiet their bikes.

All included not just....
ride safe