New feller here.

GoldenMotor.com

Toastyy1990

Dec 3, 2013
Illinois
Hello folks, I'm new here. I just got my first motorbike last saturday (nine days ago, now) and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I have seen these things being driven around town occasionally, and have kind of wanted one for a couple years, but couldn't really justify the price for what I thought was essentially just another bicycle since I already had two normal bikes. My room mate got one of these nearly a month ago and I got to ride it around the block a couple times... made me want one a bit more.

Then just over a week ago, my driver's license got suspended for some silly ridiculous reason
and the next day I decided I still needed a way to get to and from work, even though it's only a mile away. And I kind of really want one of these bikes.

Sooo I bought my bike from the same guy my room mate bought his from!

I've always been an automotive enthusiast and I already have what they call the "mod bug"... I wanna go faster. Little bit of Google work brought me here to one of the spark plug threads, and I figure this seems like a community I want to get into a bit more. So here I am!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our world of motorized bicycles. you will have a lot of fun, lots of modifications you can make to help performance. great to have you with us

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Glad to have you here. Still you may want to look up your local laws. Many states require a drivers license for motorized bicycles/mopeds. Some states consider a moped and motorized bicycle to be the same thing.

Toastyy1990

Dec 3, 2013
Illinois
Thanks for the welcomes, people!

Glad to have you here. Still you may want to look up your local laws. Many states require a drivers license for motorized bicycles/mopeds. Some states consider a moped and motorized bicycle to be the same thing.
I plan to get an M license anyway, but I will look it up. I know in IL the law says you don't need a license under a certain engine displacement, but we'll see. I'll post it up when I find out.