Finally not so lonely!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just making sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in.....or that it's adjusted so that it releases the clutch pucks when you do pull it in.

Good luck in your build!

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
OH DUH!! Hello!! Didn't even think about pulling in the clutch?? Thats not hooked up to the arm of the motor yet cause I still have the side plate off the motor was working on the chain and chain tensioner today.. had to buy extra washers for the tensioner due to tightening the bolts it was moving into the spokes! Thats my problem! Will be putting it all back together tomorrow an d hooking up the cable to the motor tomorrow.. will see if that does it! The cable to the motor does have me a little confused.. will have to see how it goes tho tomorrow! As always THANKS GUYS!! LIFE SAVERS FOR THIS GIRL! :)

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
SOOOOO feeling a little stupid right now.. my signature says a 68.5cc slant black bla bla china girl right?? This is what I thought she was.. but seen one up close and mine doesnt look the same? So I pulled my papers and **** out and it says its an 80cc 2 stroke motor!? Crap now I am confused about what the **** I got!?? STUPID huh!!!! I can work on it build it put it together but now dont quite know what it is??? CONFUSED!!! LMAO!!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
It's probably a 66cc China Girl. My research has led me to believe that the kits labeled as 80cc are really just the plain 66cc unit. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the situation will chime in, but I'd lay odds that you've got a 66cc motor.

That's what I have. As I slowly get it more broken in, it is running better and faster in every outing.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
welcome Ross , bring your bike up to St Louis , sometime and we'll roll Forest Park if you know where that's at ? I got racks and saddle bags, how about a gas bike picnic ? I know a bunch of guys we got gas bikes downtown St Louis to bed put together a big crew how to roll was so nice night .

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Yes xseler!! You are right! I researched and went back to the person I bought it from and there are really no 80cc motors the ratio and math comes out that they are infact 66cc motors! So my signature can stay! LOL :p I knew thats what I bought but then seeing one like mine I realized they are infact the same motor but all dont look alike! Can we say Newbie here out loud!! Lol! Thanks! And Huffydavidson I appreciate the offer but for now I am still building and learning and havent even started her or rode her and or even broke her in yet would like to get some miles under my belt and work out all the kinks before tripping her around I am sure you get it! I appreciate the kind offer!!! :)

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Sure any time. Just let me know if I can help since we're almost neighbors . I'll be happy to turn you on to simple upgrades for breakin . but please do yourself me and add motor years of favor do not run cheap oil. and be very gentle the first 50 miles. get yourself a torque wrench and right size socket and re torque the head every time for the first 200 miles to like 10 pounds in an opposite pattern . Buy a NGK B7HS spark plug and gap it at .036" and always run premium gas .( QT)

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Thanks Huffydavidson! What kind of 2 stroke motor oil brand do you reccomend? I know my guide says to use 16:1 ratio of gas and oil the first 310 miles put on the bike after those miles then it says to switch to 20:1 ratio. Also it does say the first 50-100 miles not to take it over 20 mph and the first initial starts to not ride it more than 30 minutes this is what I have read and researched atleast. I was also wondering about the spark plug and what to gauge it to! Thank you for that!! I think tomorrow after I clean clients I will go buy a new spark plug the one that did come with it does look cheap!? Thanks for the info of torquing the head bolts! Will have to get one and socket! This info helps a lot! TY :) Again what 2 stroke oil do you suggest? Or use?

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
AMSOIL, Saber it not cheap but it is the Best. you can go to amsoil.com an order that way r if there is a regular motorcycle shop down there in Lebanon . AMSOIL stands for America's Most synthetic oil so I hear anyway . I would start with 24:1 for 125miles then 32:1 for another 125miles then go to 40:1 . AMSOIL can be as lean in China girl as50:1 safely in a Stock motor . It the shi+ I'll send you a PM with my e-mail so I help.you better.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Welcome and nice build, I love the red and black! A few tips for you: (1) I recommend that you replace the acorn head nuts with regular American made nuts from a local hardware store. Also replace the nuts on the exhaust and intake. The threads on china made nuts and screws are usually poorly made and the vibration of the motor can strip them quickly. (2) Make sure that before each ride that you tighten all nuts and screws, you will be surprised how quickly the vibrations can loosen things on the bike. (3) it's smart to carry some basic tools with you when you ride like a few wrenches, screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, your spark plug tool, etc.. in case you have trouble on the road.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
One more to pop in on the chain conversation, make sure the "long side" of your idler (tensioner) is on the inside of the frame, closest to the tire. I learned (the hard way) that if you don't do that, it WILL pull itself into the wheel and make your wheel commit suicide. lol

And take off your roller and remove as much chain slack as possible by removing links. THEN put your roller back on.

Either way, welcome to the club and stick around, you'll be spending lots of money soon enough. :D

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Hello and Thank you guys for all the tips! (Tyler6357) thanks for the info on changing out nuts. When starting this project I went out and bought a 127 piece tool set, which I love but need a few more things. I thought about that having a set of tools for my bike for that "just incase" mishaps!! Will do Thank you! I myself love the red and black also when I was picking out engines, Silver was cool but when I seen the black motors I thought they were more bad a** looking!! :p (Wild Bill) Thanks! Why in H-E double hockey sticks would they tell you to use 16:1 ratio if its too much and dodge dude94 says it smokes!!? I will definitly be using 20:1 a little higher ratio then to start! THANK YOU!! You guys are great with all the help and tips! Don't feel so lost and frazzeled! :) ..... Yes dodge dude94 my chain tensioner is placed the correct way it was a b**ch to do! On the very first page of my blogs here you will see a pic of it assembled and the final result.. thank god cause I am tired of messing with that f-er!! LOL :)

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
The instructions say to use a thick oil-gas ratio because in china they have crap oil.

Here in 'MURICA we use them fancy synthetic oils and don't need as much. :)

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
My name does not match my avatar, I just changed it to 'white Puddy' and she ain't writing today.
Some people say to start with non-synthetic oil, because it allows break-in to happen a little faster because synthetic is just too good and won't allow your rings to seat (or wear in) as well.
But then again, some don't agree, but that's the way I would go.

I use Echo Powerblend, good oil, highly rated, almost gone then I am going to try some Opti 2, there is a fairly large thread on here about that stuff.

First day with the 'White Puddy' avatar, yes that's her name, when you have 12 cats, you run out of names!

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Your avatar is awesome. :D

I personally use cheapo synthetic, and my rings are seated well I'd imagine. Good power, granted, I never followed the break-in process because I would ride for longer than 1 hour at speeds greater than 15mph and for longer than 30 min. :D

rossrider

May 6, 2013
Lebanon, Mo
Toadmund or aka White Puddy, LOL :p Thanks appreciate the advice! And thats ok I have 3 cats myself! My spoiled boy Butters that is my #1 (yes I know a good "mommy" isnt supposed to have favorites but I do!) And 2 girls Slappy and Slim! Your white Puddy is adorable! My Butters is my main man and best friend I would kill anyone who messed with him! LOL :p Thank you dodge dude94, I am going to run. Good 2 stroke oil with a 32:1 ratio for break in. Thanks again guys!