WOW ! I thought I was on my own...

GoldenMotor.com

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
You could always get something really vintage replica and legal, and some tweeds to earn some cash as an extra as well.
I did send some pics of...I'm taking their lack of reply as a polite no lol.

I just started another little project, It's a Chrimbo prezzy for my kids, I've took the good front of a mountain bike an welded it to the good rear of a shopper fold away bike, both bikes have seen better days an where dragged out of a skip but should look a bit better when they've had a coat of drab olive :)
The idea is fit it with a 24 volt low speed 250 watt motor an get them used to powerd riding.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Getcha motor runnin
Get out on the highway
Looking for our dentures
And whatever's gone away.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
The bottom rail is now tacked on an I bought a couple of motorbike battery's an made a battery box for em. I also found a mini set of apes... It's a shchopper baby :)

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I spoke to Chris Corker today about the Wall Autowheel and whether it was possible to fit a modern version. He is investigating and will let me know.

Another thing which we touched upon was the use of a pusher trailer. It would probably mean the bike being registered as a trike unless the wheel diameters were small enough to fall within the "adjacent axle centres" rule. Do it that way and you can have a 4kw diesel registered as a moped.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
I spoke to Chris Corker today about the Wall Autowheel and whether it was possible to fit a modern version. He is investigating and will let me know.

Another thing which we touched upon was the use of a pusher trailer. It would probably mean the bike being registered as a trike unless the wheel diameters were small enough to fall within the "adjacent axle centres" rule. Do it that way and you can have a 4kw diesel registered as a moped.

Veelllly interesting, keep me informed !

Olive green !

Last edited:

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
I've been told I'm a bit of a cad !
This brings me upto date, I wanted to do more an I watched the paint trying to dry for about an hour.... But it wouldn't so I came home !

Last edited:

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
All done, a really quick project really, the motor an gubbins went on really easy in the end but could easy have been a disaster cos they are delicate electrical components, mix that with 24v an no instructions....I was lucky !
Heres my little man Archie, he cant reach the floor when sitting on it yet :lol: ...maybe next year :roll:

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Yeah mate proper quite, mines the cheapo brushed motor an it does whirr along but they do a brushless version, would that motor even make a whirr ?

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
I know mate, I did consider TRYING to turn the vid the right way around half way through....but me head had a short circuit trying to figure it out, I stopped when smoke started coming out me ears ! Much easier to sack the camera man lol

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Very well done! I am still considering building an electric bike and your build is but another example to me of why I should build one.
Your camera man did an excellent job, just teach him which way is up, no big deal.