Help, crank problem boygofast

GoldenMotor.com

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
Has anyone got the one piece wide crank from boygofast
I had ordered that along with a cen clutch

So I got the clutch on fine, of course that was missing screws and I had extra parts left over
But anyways the crank he sent me was the same size as my stock ones, so I cant ride the bike at all. I was wondering if anyone else got a set from him
Here are the pics, im hoping I just got the wrong one and he does have a real wider one, if not im screwed

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
well after looking on his e bay page it shows the pic of what I received
so instead of waiting days to hear back I decided to bend the crank with a torch
I only did the one side I need
It went pretty easily, but I notice both pedals screw hole isnt dead on straight
so when I pedal they feel like they twist a touch under my feet

I will have to see how bad it is, before fixing that

I think later I will paint it all black to match what I had before, the chrome just doent look good with my color scheme

Now ive noticed I cant start the bike anymore on my jackstand kicking the pedal, feels like a ton of resistance
Im guessing its the new clutch and all that rotating mass
And from the few minutes I rode it, it felt like its harder to pedal too, and on a beach cruiser it was already bad enough

Must the the extra weight of the clutch
Now I need to find out why I have so many parts left over from the new clutch and what to do with the threaded hole in the new cover, why is it even there?

I did straighten out the area where the pedal connects to this was an early pic
pedal now sits flat

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
BGC finally contacted me today
he claims all the ones in his warehouse is just like the one I got, and it is wider then normal but just a little

Funny how its exactly the same as my stock one is. And to top it off I deal with a guy that sells these engines and parts, he buys in bulk directly from BGF. He even had some of the cranks so we looked at them and yep same as mine. Stock sized. He is pissed now that he has to return them.

At least my hand bent ones worked out and I was able to ride this weekend

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looking at you picture, your crank is pretty wide compared to my 3 piece. Mine is only 121mm. Yours is about 150mm.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
when dealing with BGF you better know what you need because he will not just a drop shipper really never even handles the kits/parts....

just upgrade to a 3piece crank and order the wide bottom bracket from sick bike parts much better quality

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
I got the clutch and crank from BGF at the same time

im okay with the 1 piece, im also thinking about doing a mountain bike with the jack shaft next so no need to go crazy with this bike
even though this beach cruiser is seeing a ton of off road duty, they make fun trail bikes

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
One good thing about a 3 piece crank is you can buy a wider BB that's sealed for about $10

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
yeah my bearings suck
every time I took them out they fell out of the holder so I had to use the bgf ones too

I notice I can even see the bearings once installed so any dirt can get in there easily
I packed them with green grease, its waterproof type