Anyone tried this yet?

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hate fire ants! I was introduced to them in FLA. Them lil SOBs (sons of bugs) hurt!

We'd get rich if we came up with an anti-skeeter oil additive. Neighbors would be asking us to do a couple more spins around the block, lol.
Say guys, ya know, maybe I can't mix Citronella oil in the tank and burn it with the gas BUT I'll bet, if I got that poo poo pipe I want, I might be able to take a narrow little funnel and drizzle some Citronella oil into the muffler and let the extreme heat send that smoke up with the exhaust. It'd be like burning anti-bug incense.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Say guys, ya know, maybe I can't mix Citronella oil in the tank and burn it with the gas BUT I'll bet, if I got that poo poo pipe I want, I might be able to take a narrow little funnel and drizzle some Citronella oil into the muffler and let the extreme heat send that smoke up with the exhaust. It'd be like burning anti-bug incense.
OH Man, lol. That would be cool Allen. That could work.

Got me thinking colored exhaust. I looked but did not find much.

3 MBs ridding down the street. Killing skeeters and leaving a red white and blue smoke screen in their wake.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
OH Man, lol. That would be cool Allen. That could work.

Got me thinking colored exhaust. I looked but did not find much.

3 MBs ridding down the street. Killing skeeters and leaving a red white and blue smoke screen in their wake.
"...With a puff of smoke and a hearty 'Heigh Ho, Silver!...Away!'"

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Ants...What I use is water. Boiling hot water. There ain't an ant anywhere can take a couple of gallons of boiling hot water poured down their holes. We USED to have red ants, not quite the same as a fire ant but close. Huge pot, outdoor propane stove. I scouted them out and 23 holes later there's been no red ants around here for years.

Now if I can just get rid of the piss ants, the little tiny ones you only see when they swarm or whatever they call it. Got 2 nests so far this year :)

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
This offer is for you sketchman so just let me know if you ever want to try some and we'll see if we can make this happen and get you some to try out.

Peace
That's pretty cool of you, though if I tried it and liked it, I would then have to weather the tragedy of returning to regular oil which as someone said before, has been doing a good enough job for many years. I think convenience will win out against the "novelty" of being able to run 100:1, but I will keep that offer in mind. Thanks.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You're welcome sketchman

and yes the standard 2 smoker oils have done a fine job for years and years and will continue for many to come......

Peace

That's pretty cool of you, though if I tried it and liked it, I would then have to weather the tragedy of returning to regular oil which as someone said before, has been doing a good enough job for many years. I think convenience will win out against the "novelty" of being able to run 100:1, but I will keep that offer in mind. Thanks.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
well i was looking at this why i was a tractor supply to day and 1 big thin that bug me the little packet said 1 us gal or 5l last time i check 1 us gallon is 3.4l not 5 so have any tryed it yet

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Just to let everyone know. arnold1 oil in the packet at tractor supply is made by interlube. the same manufacturer of opti2. It is just repackaged for arnold. 1 phone call confirmed this today. I bought several packets today.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep I plan to buy several next time I'm in TSC myself......good toknow I have more than one source for my oil now.

Peace

Just to let everyone know. arnold1 oil in the packet at tractor supply is made by interlube. the same manufacturer of opti2. It is just repackaged for arnold. 1 phone call confirmed this today. I bought several packets today.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Well, I flew ultralight planes with 2 strokes, for 20 years, and believe me, when the motor is keepin yer adz from crashing, you do your research and find out what's been done in the past, and what works .

Some of the UL guys used synyhetic, some even 100 to 1. They had good results if they ran them regularly. If they ran them occasionly, they had more probs with corrosion on bearings. Seems the dino oil has better corrosion prevention.
The majority stuck with dino oil. Favorite brand was Pennzoil for air cooled engines, at 50-1, after 40-1 for couple hrs hard break in on the ground. They follow the belief that you will never have optimum ring seal if you don't run it hard soon after inital start up. They used a plan where you held a certain rpm a few munites, then reduced rpm a few munites, then a higher rpm a few munites then reduce then higher ect, ect.

We found out that the cheap 1 gal Wallyworld oil was the same stuff as the Yellow bottle ! Made by Pennzoil, their name was in the fine print on the jug, Prolly still is. Pennzoil spent a lot of money on research on the Ultralight engines and their needs , a while back and changed their formula some after.

Many doccumented cases where people were getting 1200 hours on their engines with WW or the yellow bottle, before overhaul, which is phenominal, since reccomended overhaul is 300 hrs, and quite a few often crapped out before then.

The ones that were used every day or so, seemed to have the least problems.

This is just my real world experience with 2 strokes in the air, 510 hrs in my log book.

I think that oil is oil. use too little or too much and performance suffers and maintenance increases.

Too much oil causes early carbon build up behind the rings, till they eventualy start sticking and causing blowby, heat, siezure. Not to mention oil dripping from the carbon clogged muffler.
I think anything stronger than 50/1 with modern 2 stroke dino oil is way overkill.

If you open up an engine run on 50-1 you will find a heavy oil coating on every square inch of every surface.

Just mt 2 cents. Nother $1.48 and you got a cup o coffee LOL.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Great post wayne z

I have read in other places that Penzoil is considered by many to be the best dino oil going, I think I read it on a RC Airplane Forum ( rcuniverse.com ) this was in a section discusing the larger plane not the nitro stuff.

Anyway, great info. now I'll be at WW looking at the back of the 2smoke oil bottle..LOL!

I know NAPA's store brand oil is made by Valvoline and is the same exact oil, so I'm sure many other major brands also relabel under store brands also...

Peace, map

Well, I flew ultralight planes with 2 strokes, for 20 years, and believe me, when the motor is keepin yer adz from crashing, you do your research and find out what's been done in the past, and what works .

Some of the UL guys used synyhetic, some even 100 to 1. They had good results if they ran them regularly. If they ran them occasionly, they had more probs with corrosion on bearings. Seems the dino oil has better corrosion prevention.
The majority stuck with dino oil. Favorite brand was Pennzoil for air cooled engines, at 50-1, after 40-1 for couple hrs hard break in on the ground. They follow the belief that you will never have optimum ring seal if you don't run it hard soon after inital start up. They used a plan where you held a certain rpm a few munites, then reduced rpm a few munites, then a higher rpm a few munites then reduce then higher ect, ect.

We found out that the cheap 1 gal Wallyworld oil was the same stuff as the Yellow bottle ! Made by Pennzoil, their name was in the fine print on the jug, Prolly still is. Pennzoil spent a lot of money on research on the Ultralight engines and their needs , a while back and changed their formula some after.

Many doccumented cases where people were getting 1200 hours on their engines with WW or the yellow bottle, before overhaul, which is phenominal, since reccomended overhaul is 300 hrs, and quite a few often crapped out before then.

The ones that were used every day or so, seemed to have the least problems.

This is just my real world experience with 2 strokes in the air, 510 hrs in my log book.

I think that oil is oil. use too little or too much and performance suffers and maintenance increases.

Too much oil causes early carbon build up behind the rings, till they eventualy start sticking and causing blowby, heat, siezure. Not to mention oil dripping from the carbon clogged muffler.
I think anything stronger than 50/1 with modern 2 stroke dino oil is way overkill.

If you open up an engine run on 50-1 you will find a heavy oil coating on every square inch of every surface.

Just mt 2 cents. Nother $1.48 and you got a cup o coffee LOL.