mr charlies 1st build huffy/80cc

GoldenMotor.com

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
hey all! yesterday i intro'd myself, and today im in the mock up stage...its a zoom/slant head flat blk, tried to find hardened studs locally to no avail, so im proceeding very slowly with mounting the engine to frame useing the stock hardware. i have the engine nice and tight to the seat down tube, and just slid it down to make contact with the bottom tube, i had to use the horse shoe/plate mount but i locktited the plate bolts to the engine case, plus i used cut innertube on all the contact/mount to frame tube areas, and sleeved some auto fuel hose on the horseshoe, the engine is very level as to the carb location, and centered within the frame....im a big gearhead and i must say im really enjoying this build...i have been reading all of the tutorals for quite some time now.... ( before i even purchased my kit and bike)...i personally thank all of you for the wealth of info!..im gettin ready to mount the tank and i'd like to know if its a good idea to mount the cd ignition on the same tube underneath the tank to protect it from the elements?...any opinions are welcomed during this "cherry-breaker build"...so please pass on anything....more to come..thanx....charlie...oh and im trying to post pics but have to re-size them?.....anyone who lives near central florida gimme a shout......dance1