2 the guy who is up his own

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
re: 2 the guy who is up his own

All the crying I see is when they payed up front and end up waiting weeks/months for the must have parts to only end up saying to heck with it and getting refunded.

It's about making people happy thats what business is about (Happy people = profitable business)

Adam

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike

I had read the posts before they where deleted and the banned member did report it and I guess the "MOD" read the report and in pms called the guy all sorts of rude names and banned him its that simple? But I dont want to bring down the GOOD vibe of this thread so I wont post in it anymore. Peace

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.

All of my post's have been deleted on this great topic in the past. Always seem to get the chance to try again. Will see how long it will last.

Adam

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC

I was not speaking of any of the moderators or forum creators I was speaking about manic mechanic(s) work I did not know who it was at the time(I could not find his thread on the subject) so I guess that I was saying that I did not care if it was them or not that "wont let people wait for his parts"I was not talking about any one but him.
sorry for the confusion

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

I had read the posts before they where deleted and the banned member did report it and I guess the "MOD" read the report and in pms called the guy all sorts of rude names and banned him its that simple? But I dont want to bring down the GOOD vibe of this thread so I wont post in it anymore. Peace
When something gets reported (using the report button), all the staff receive a notification and the contents of the report simultaneously & automatically - even the forum administrators.

I've not received any report regarding the actions of any staff ever - not once *shrug*

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Did you ever think that it's people like you that caused him to stop selling parts to the general public? He spoke about doing that a year ago but was talked out of doing it at that time. Honestly I don't blame the guy one bit for what he's done, I'm just sorry that there's one more vendor that a few whiny inpatient people have driven away.

I love the parts I've gotten from Jim, did I have to wait for them? You bet. Were they worth the wait? You bet. I only wish I were closer to Jim's shop so I could shake his hand and tell him how sorry I am that the few have messed things up for the many.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.

We are in no way responsible for his poor business ethics. If what you say is so lets get to work on running Wal-Mart out of town.

Adam

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike

When something gets reported (using the report button), all the staff receive a notification and the contents of the report simultaneously & automatically - even the forum administrators.

I've not received any report regarding the actions of any staff ever - not once *shrug*
Hmmmm? Sooo I guess the mod deleted the report as well? Do you guys see the pms back and forth from a report? I even saw emails sent to my friend from this "MOD" after banning my friend and they where not pretty. He might still have them? But whats the point YOUR a realy great mod and I read a lot of that other mods posts as well as yours before sighing up to be a member and its YOU that changed my mind about this site so I joined. Peace

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california

I personally have avoided all threads on this subject. A simple solution is competiton for the market. Once this competition shows up with a good, reliable, and available product, the problem will be solved.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Regarding Jim's (Manic Mechanic) business practices...

There's been a LOT of talk about undue wait times and products paid for yet undelivered... valid complaints or otherwise, I'd like to point out to ALL that it's no longer relevant as his products are now sold through Pirate Cycles and they're either "in stock" or "out of stock" - making further complaints pointless.

We're interested in business reviews - not perpetuating past grudges, earned or otherwise.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Ok so some of this takes three months to get. Any one stop to think just for a second what kind of work load this entire forum could generate? He is the only Machinist we got right now I think.

I am sure there would be a bit less wining up front if people were for warned they are gonna have to wait up to three months. Judging by the demand for parts only credits what kinda service he has been able to offer for us.

Evidently it is that important or folks would not be getting wound up.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

It does seem that all the negative posts about MM keep getting deleted.
When someone makes a comment like "I hope you don't mind waiting 9 months to get your parts"; it's seen as a 'dig' against MM & deleted.

How are forum members suppossed to get lied to & ripped off by a vendor & still be nice to that person when posting about their experience with him??? (It's not possible.)

MM has a history of accepting peoples money, lying to them about the progress of their parts & NOT sending them the parts they paid for, & it's still going on because the negative stuff about him gets deleted.

I've asked some mods "What is a acceptable way to warn forum members about him?" & I'm still waiting for a response. :rolleyes:

But hey... All this negative talk about him is gonna get deleted too! :rolleyes:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

everything i've ordered from Jim, i got right away, and in one case, i got some extra stuff i didn't even ask for. after he said he wasn't selling to the public, i ordered from Pirate, and got those right away, too.

the only thing i've needed are sprocket adapters and sprockets. and honestly, i don't really need the sprockets, because i use steel motorcycle sprockets, 'cause aluminum wears out too fast.

from what i see, part of the problem is the release of a product, like the motor mounts. i can understand Jim wanting to get pre-orders for them to cut down his out of pocket costs, and i also understand that sometimes this is a bad idea. the product got hyped, the excitement built up, people paid, and expected to get them.

meanwhile, Jim's not happy with the way they turned out, decides to re-work it instead of sending out a product he knows to be inferior, and the wait continues.

those people that ordered are now investors, waiting on their return.

then, the problem gets compounded by lack of communication. is Jim too busy to answer the phone? is Joe Customer, alias Huffylover69 sending him cryptic emails?

i dunno. there really is no excuse for poor customer service, but i've seen more than one thread here started by Jim as a kind of blanket apology/explanation and he's always offered refunds to anyone who wanted one. i can also see the frustration in Jim's posts, which inevitably turns to hostility.

i'm not taking sides here, because i can build just about everything i need with a hammer and a pair of vice-grips, and i'm working on my own sprocket adapters, so the fate of Manic Mechanic won't really affect my life.

but i would like to say, if you've never used any of his products, never dealt with him, and all you wanna do is start a thread bashing him, and you can't even do it coherently, then i think maybe you should just shut the f%$! up.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Hmmmm? Sooo I guess the mod deleted the report as well? Do you guys see the pms back and forth from a report? I even saw emails sent to my friend from this "MOD" after banning my friend and they where not pretty. He might still have them? But whats the point YOUR a realy great mod and I read a lot of that other mods posts as well as yours before sighing up to be a member and its YOU that changed my mind about this site so I joined. Peace
Mods can't "delete" reports nor can staff see other people's private messages - which is why we'd need you to forward any inappropriate private message so it can be reviewed.
The point (of the report function) would be for staff as a whole to review the complaint of any alleged misbehavior from anyone *shrug*

Thank you for your complement - but I assure you that my philosophy is no different, all the staff are pretty much in agreement regarding this, in fact I'm pretty much just passing on basic forum etiquette & what the administration wishes for this site...

...I'm jus' kinda long-winded and tend to natter on a bit lol :p

We do prefer to talk about stuff like inappropriate behavior via PM, out of respect for all involved and to keep topics on track - things get out of hand quickly when it's on the public stage.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Regarding Jim's (Manic Mechanic) business practices...

There's been a LOT of talk about undue wait times and products paid for yet undelivered... valid complaints or otherwise, I'd like to point out to ALL that it's no longer relevant as his products are now sold through Pirate Cycles and they're either "in stock" or "out of stock" - making further complaints pointless.

We're interested in business reviews - not perpetuating past grudges, earned or otherwise.
Jim still takes orders from at his shop... It's not all through Pirate!!! (that's BS)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Yea, Jim still does custom work in a one on one basis and I' think he's very careful now about who he does work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.