Computer Zeroed

GoldenMotor.com

Srjeeper

Aug 15, 2009
NE Pa.
When I start the china girl on 'HuffNPuff' it zero's out the computer/speedo. I read on here somewhere that this could happen, but my question is this. If I were to move the sensor to the back wheel will that correct that problem? This is just a cheapo Hong Kong computer, but I'd like to keep track of my 'miles traveled' more than anything else.

Thanks for all replies........

Bill

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I had the same problem. Tried a new plug/wire and even moved the CDI behind the seat post. The only solution that worked was to use a magnet to reduce EMI. Most Radio Shack carry them but I had to try two stores. The barrels open to wrap the wire through the center and then snap shut. works great.

Attachments

Srjeeper

Aug 15, 2009
NE Pa.
Pablo, The stock wire that came on the CDI.

bseelbach, now there's some science for ya, I'll give it a try, Thanks.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I had the same problem. Tried a new plug/wire and even moved the CDI behind the seat post. The only solution that worked was to use a magnet to reduce EMI. Most Radio Shack carry them but I had to try two stores. The barrels open to wrap the wire through the center and then snap shut. works great.
Those are not magnets but ferrite toroids. They never did anything to help the speedo problem for me. What worked was using resistor wire, moving the CDI back, and putting LC filter in the sensor line. 20 months 6500 miles now with no reset on one bike. Probably replace the battery soon.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i am using all stock parts. my speedo and wires is on the far left of handle bars and the killswitch wires are on the far right of handle bars. my speedo is working.
all you have to do is keep the speedo and wires away from the killswitch wires.