This was a necessity!!

GoldenMotor.com

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
Just want to thank alot of you guys out there!!,This started as a practical way to get around...we all know how the economy is now,its tough to find work and even in the absence of wads of cash I can still enjoy my MB,Really,I depend on it more than I should.
Shes a little plain now but I wanna do a couple things I learned here on the site like Hough's Tank Mod and some of the other Preformance Mods I read about,You guys are great.Shell look different in a few months!!dance1

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
Mb's end up becoming an obsession I reckon, even more so than vegimite, it will be great to see your mods when their finished rmeloy.
I am excited to do a few things to my MB "just cuz its cool",Last season I was all too happy with the way she looked because I had given alot of thought to the shape of the Frame and I pirated some old school fenders off an ancient bike in Gramps garage,I was going after that circa 1909 motorcycle look,I havent "matched it" but it will certainly be "in the spirit of",Yeah,I think that tank mod will make the bike,right now she just looks like an old cruiser with a teardrop tank but the more I learn the more I want to do.I think once I do that Ill start in on another build cuz now I know what I would do different.
Had some necessary issues lately just to get going again,its been a bad week for rear rims,I have a 7 gear cluster with no derailer,I thought it would be more practical to run it direct,well in this case its either too loose or too tight,I opted for loose on the pedal side but it was loose enough for the pedal chain to jump up and tear up my hub....TWICE well,I got it working again although Ill need a new rim and probably have to rebuild the bottom bracket.
When I choose to build again I will either find a single sprocket or I need some input on how to properly tension the pedal side That would be great cuz I like the frame I have and I have an identical one ready to go......Well if it works dont fix it! im probably good for a couple hundred miles and hopefully Ill be working full time again by then so cash wont be the issue,well thanx for getting back to me,...Rob in CT

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Rob, I know what you mean about the pedal side chain . I have converted most of my multi speed bikes to single speed. Sometimes even with a offset link you can't quite get the right tension. It is bad news if the chain jumps over to another sprocket.
I will attach a picture of a sweet chain tensioner you can get from most bicycle parts web sites. They bolt on with the derailer bolt, and push up from the bottom so they work really well.
No more chain problems!

John

Attachments

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
VEGIMITE you just dont know how 2 eat it
on toast it is not like jam or peanut butter with thick layers
just enough so there is a fine layer over top butter is just rite for me
I havnt actually tried vegemite but thats because the smell is almost enough to make me wanna puke. Do you hold your breath while eating it or something?

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
Rob, I know what you mean about the pedal side chain . I have converted most of my multi speed bikes to single speed. Sometimes even with a offset link you can't quite get the right tension. It is bad news if the chain jumps over to another sprocket.
I will attach a picture of a sweet chain tensioner you can get from most bicycle parts web sites. They bolt on with the derailer bolt, and push up from the bottom so they work really well.
No more chain problems!

John
OMG!! thats exactly what I think I need,wher'd ya find it??