Cruiser build, Here's what I got so far.

GoldenMotor.com

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
This Cruiser bike is my second build, I gotta say this engine is MUCH nicer looking that the first one I built. The bike is a thrift store special. The pics may tell the story, I had alot of difficulty fitting the sprocket, I reamed it out with a dremel cutting tool and amazingly I got it "square" .. installing it was another matter, it was a little off center when I cinched the bolts down and I had a bear of a time trying to get it "right" I finally loosened all the bolts and spritzed the whole thing with a little soapy water then horsed it into place.. a lesson learned.

The front mount idea came from a post on this website (can't recall poster) but thanks for all the great tips that abound on here. I don't think I like the flat bar on the bottom of the front mount (wish I had another semicirlce mount, You'd think these kit sellers would include a few of these things among other pieces of hdwe necessary for a proper install.

The little green tie was what I used to check for "squareness" before I installed the sprocket I spun it on the hub and the teeth were all the same distance from the tie. amazing- i got lucky. I did change the engine mounting studs with some I got at Ace Hdwe.. they are a much better quality...

If anybody sees something in the pix that doesn't look right or could be done better please advise...

thanks
Bob

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Thanks for the compliment Deacon, musta been the soapy water... :) My first one was cobbled together because I was just anxious to make it run.... this one I decided to take my time and do a neat job..

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Thats just plain Pretty! Going to be one nice ride. Everything I find at a thrift store looks like it sat on the ocean floor a while be for they ran it over with a car. LOL!

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Saddletramp, Thanks for the compliment, I want this one to be really nice. Got some more work to do then,,,, VRRoooooooommmmmm