HELP NEEDED - Install on a 3 speed coaster hub

GoldenMotor.com

imlivingproof

Mar 23, 2011
Canada
Is it possible to mount a Zoombike 80cc Kit on a Schwinn 3 speed cruiser?

I am having trouble installing the sprocket on the 3 speed coaster hub.

Can I go to a one speed?

Any help would be great

imlivingproof

Mar 23, 2011
Canada
I need to mount the sproket, and it asks me to remove the brake arm. But when doing so the hub opens and starts to...

Also I just installed the motor but cant get the sproket inside the motor to spin, any advice on that would help

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe I can help you a little bit I.L.P:

Pull the clutch lever and your engine sprocket should spin.

Take your wheel off your bike, lay it on its side, carefully remove the coaster brake arm, don't lose any parts, attach sprocket, replace brake arm and anything else that may have come undone. Add chain, replace wheel, ride like HECK!

That 3 speed hub sure would be sweet with a shift kit, and no need to remove the brake arm!

Last edited:

imlivingproof

Mar 23, 2011
Canada
I will try it out when I get home.

Does anyone have a 3speed coaster hub with a sprocket added? If so I would love to see pics.

If I can't figure it out today I think I might just convert it to a regular hub and add brakes to the bike...

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
if you could make a video showing the issue you're having i mite be able to help, i had no major issues putting a sprocket on my coaster hub, although mine was a single speed.

imlivingproof

Mar 23, 2011
Canada
Update:

I'm buying a single speed coaster hub on rim. It will be installed tomorrow afternoon.

Also I got the sprocket in the engine to spin, it turn out I didn't pull the clutch far enough back.

Thanks for all the help

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
And what are your plans for the 3 speed hub?

Are you going to use the rag joint sprocket? I would check out the Manic Mechanic hub adapter & sprocket at Pirate cycles. 40T sprockets are sposed to be optimum for 2 strokes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Most (if not all) 3 speed hubs are too large to fit the sprocket over, unless MM makes a sprocket adapter with a GIANT hole in the center...