Clutch Lever Problems

GoldenMotor.com

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
I'm mounting my first 80cc. I'm having a difficult time with the clutch lever. It hits the handlebar when I squeeze it and the lock will not reach it's groove. Am I doing something wrong? Help Help Help!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I used a small cheater bar to bend my lever just ever so slightly , then took some snips and trimmed off about 1/8" off the lock mechanism. trim a little at a time , you dont want to take off too much ! the clutch lever is pretty cheap , so dont snap it!!!!

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i didn't use the lever that came with the kit, instead I used my front brake lever (now I got no front brakes!) I keep the back brakes nice and tight

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
It sounds like you need to adjust the clutch more. Mine has about 3/4" on the arm before the clutch becomes disengaged. I think I remember pulling it in aways snapping on a vice grip and then tighten the stop nut.

boylove35

Jun 13, 2008
does the clutch have to be locked in all the time, oor after the engine starts can u relese it?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
does the clutch have to be locked in all the time, oor after the engine starts can u relese it?
You have to release the clutch to start the motor, and to drive the bike. This is called engaged clutch.

If you want to stop, or just coast with the motor running, or push the bike with motor off; you disengage the clutch. (pull lever in or lock it)