muffler help

GoldenMotor.com

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
Hey does anyone have advice on welding on these thin mufflers im thinking of MIG welding it on a really low setting or do you think oxyacetylene welding will look nicer? i want to make a custom pipe instead of the regular bent pipe that comes stock

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
Keep the heat down, and don't do a constant bead. Just do small tacks on opposing sides to keep the heat from building up and warping or melting through. And yes, definitely MIG instead of arc.

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
ya i was thinking of just tack welding it but what got me was some guys at my dads work did oxyacetylene on exhaust systems for cars and wondered what would work best

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
If they can do it, sweet! My skillz are not so l33t lol.

If you can do MIG, just run tacks around the way, working from side to side, on a low enough setting that it runs but doesn't blow through.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
i was wondering if anybody knows of any good expansion chambers for these bikes and that preferably stay away from the inner thigh , ive seen a bunch of the bike with the expansion chamber between the legs also i was wondering how much power increase you really feal and i was wondering if there is anyone th at uses a thinner chain and if it can be done without having a custom machined sprocket at the motor thats the one that im more concerned with

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I've welded on my exhaust system with a flux core welder. It's like MIG without the gas. The welder I used has High and Low settings, I always use low. It doesn't make the cleanest weld in the world, but it does the job.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
id recomend using the torch and a coat hanger just like a cars exhaust...it looks nicer and it is easier than a mig...get it cherry red and melt the hanger in