My Upcoming First Build in Puerto Rico

GoldenMotor.com

AmericanRoadwarrior

Nov 28, 2013
Boston, MA USA
Hello everyone,

Coming up in December I will be building my first bicycle down in Puerto Rico during my 3 week holiday stay.

I've already gotten a wealth of information from jonnyp929 including what motor to buy, extras and tools I'll need.

Right now I'm looking at this motor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181250979259

When I get the motor I'll be able to check that all the parts are there and I'll be able to set aside most of the tools I'll need.

I plan on having it shipped to me here in Boston and packing it in my suitcase.

Next I'm thinking I might by the spring loaded chain tensioner from turbobuick1.

Next I need a good headlight and possibly a tail light for safety (people drive pretty crazy in PR). Any recommendations for lights would be appreciated, I'd like to buy a real good strong light that lasts.

All suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
any of the cree lights you will find on ebay do a great job, they come with a separate battery pack and charger. very bright and perfect for a motorized bicycle. for the rear I just use a red light that flashes and straps on seat post. they can be seen from a long ways away

AmericanRoadwarrior

Nov 28, 2013
Boston, MA USA
Holy smokes that's bright.

I was fairly limited by time constraint. It's gotta be delivered by 12/18.

I was looking at the Cree 7000 lumens but local sellers wanted too much.
The best deals are from China.

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
Warrior, when you ordered that tensioner from turbo, that's probably the best $40 you'll ever spend. Mine is working FLAWLESSLY. I can't say enough good things about it.

AmericanRoadwarrior

Nov 28, 2013
Boston, MA USA
Warrior, when you ordered that tensioner from turbo, that's probably the best $40 you'll ever spend. Mine is working FLAWLESSLY. I can't say enough good things about it.
Very cool. Thank you PaintGun.

I've also now ordered two cheap tail lights.

With everyone's help I'm very confident that this is going to go well.

I'll definitely be posting my progress and adventures in Rincon, Puerto Rico when I get there on about December 20.

Thank you