Hello from Germany

GoldenMotor.com

Alfman

Nov 5, 2010
Lower Saxony Germany
Hello

The first thing I want to apologize for my english, it jolts sometimes a little.

I´m coming from Lower Saxony in Germany, my Name is Ralph, but all of my Friends know me as ALF.
I bought one of these Engine Kits now one and a half year ago from Bike Berry. That Shop seems to be the only one wich is shipping to Europe.

Now two weeks ago I finally made it, to put that little thing into the frame of my stretchcruiser. There was a lot to modify and adjust to fit it in.

The first 50 kilometers are done with only little problems. The first things that broke after ~ 25 kilometers were the two fenderstruts of my rear fender, cheap metal, not purposed for bicycles equipped with motors. So I cut my rear fender, now, another 25 kilometers later it holds in place. Second was, the carburator falls of the intake caused by a bad machined manifold. I had to file a few mm of the manifold to make the carb hold in place. Done, and the carb didn´t move itself any more.

It makes a lot of fun riding the bike. I can´t wait the time till break in is finished to see what speed I can reach with it.

If you have any questions fell free to ask, i´ll answer if I can.

Here is a little video of the finished bike.

Keep on riding,
regards,
ALF

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hello and welcome Alf!! There are some great folks here from Germany. Check out Zman's posts. Be cool if you guys were close and could do a ride.

There is no need ever to worry about your English. If some one doesn't get some thing you say, they will just ask. Personally, I am very impressed with any one who is multilingual. (I can order a beer in 23 languages. As long as it is called "beer" lol)

Fender failure is one of the leading causes of crashes and injury! Until you can really secure them, just take them off. Please, please.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=10191

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...g.com/&ref=#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=fender&gsc.page=1

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to das forum. I have a Schnauzer dog and that is as close as I have ever come to Germany. They sell fender struts made from tubular steel on EBay that work well.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas.

I watched your video, and your bike looks great. It's normal to have a few teething problems at first. Looks like you're capable of working out any bugs.

Alfman

Nov 5, 2010
Lower Saxony Germany
Thank you all for your greetings and advice.

I have read a lot in this forum in the past 18 months, so I´ve seen the fenderproblem other users have had ... don´t want to get in such a situation ;).

Now I´ve cutted my rearfender to the mounting holes on top and it was holding in place at my last ride, so i leave it this way and replace the fenders and struts next winter when I´m going to make that bike "schön" (looking good).

Regards,
ALF

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hey Alf, what kind of laws, and regulations do they have about riding motor bicycles on the street where you live?

Alfman

Nov 5, 2010
Lower Saxony Germany
It´s strictly forbidden :D

But, all the things that make fun are forbidden, so ... who cares :D

Where´s no prosecutor, there´s no felony ...

Regards,
ALF

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Where´s no prosecutor, there´s no felony ..." LOL, Good one.

The American version is "It's not illegal if ya don't get caught"

Alfman

Nov 5, 2010
Lower Saxony Germany
I´m living in a mostly rural area, don´t have cops hanging around every corner and the next town is 16 miles away, so I think I´ll not have much contact to this subjects ... and I have mounted a rearview mirror :D

I don´t wanna be caught in the act too regards,
ALF

:D

Last edited:

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Hi ALF !

Zman's here...
was very busy last months, but now it's time to have fun again with motorized bicycles....hope you have some luck with that china girl, i've seen some engines in the past and i must say : sometimes it's crap out of the box LOL
but with a little help from these nice guys here in the forum, you'll take it right on the road.
Glad to see one more guy from germany !!!

Thomas

kennuck

May 27, 2012
canada
I am from Ontario Canada, its illegal too.
I passed by police not long ago, Instantly I put my clutch and push the kill switch and start pedaling, the police staring at me for awhile and left.
So I think if its not obvious ,its Okay.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Riding a motorized bicycle isn't necessarily illegal !
If you take an bicycle engine of the late 40's or early 50's with an ABE ( general approval from a authority ),there is no problem. that's it what i'm doing, taken a Zuendapp Combimot from 1954, slapped it on a bike and have fun^^
But if you take a new china girl or a morini and get caught in the act, you have some probs laff